Does anyone know who owns the building which was the old KFC in Broomhill

• 4 years later...

I see the KFC sign is no longer there. Is this progress?

This whole 'landmark' block in the centre of Broomhill is hideous and would never get built these days. Was it a Poulson job back in the 1960s/70s? It's decades behind what it should be like. Will it ever get upgraded? I'd like to see better facades to the first floor, sort out the stupid zigzag pavement and parking area so that people can actually walk past it easily, make room to sit outside the cafe etc etc.

This whole 'landmark' block in the centre of Broomhill is hideous and would never get built these days. Was it a Poulson job back in the 1960s/70s? It's decades behind what it should be like. Will it ever get upgraded? I'd like to see better facades to the first floor, sort out the stupid zigzag pavement and parking area so that people can actually walk past it easily, make room to sit outside the cafe etc etc.

Agreed, it looks bad compared to the buildings opposite, especially as both the pubs have spruced themselves up.

• 2 years later...

I was glad to see this unit has been refurbed and is opening soon, not sure what as but it'll be an improvement whatever it is.

It's been empty for over a decade, maybe nearer 15 years? Wonder what the story was.

I went past today - the sign says it will be a coffee shop, also selling fresh bread, patisserie and deli food, as well as organic skincare products.

It'll be interesting to see how they do with Costa almost next door and the Vietnamese coffee shop over the road. I guess they're aiming for slightly different markets.

Edited by greenflash

The managing agents are

Philip Fisher & Co

Tel: 020 8343 3636

3, Dancastle Court, 14, Arcadia Avenue, Finchley, London, N3 2JU

---------- Post added 05-07-2017 at 18:24 ----------

Save yourself three quid:-

The owner is

STAGHOLD LIMITED

NEW BURLINGTON HOUSE

1075 FINCHLEY ROAD

LONDON

NW11 0PU

(1,428 companies also use this postcode, this might be a mail forwarding service address)

The CEO of both companies is a John Lawson, I have never found him to be a very pleasant character.

Edited by IRONMONGER
Facts