Japan may pick robots over immigrants

Whilst robots wll never be any good at administering bed baths, I wonder if the Japanese have discovered a means of assimilating them into the indigenous population in order to alleviate the long term effects of the ageing population?

Darn clever them Japs.

hmm you just gave me an idea, imagine this, at the bottom of the bed you have a container big enough to store a quilt and bedding and water proof.

You attach the quilt and bedding to a roller inside the container.

The headboard is connected to the water supply and has a shower system built into it.

The mattress is water proof and has holes for drainage that from the underneath are piped up to some water containers.

The sides of the bed lift up to provide a water proof edging.

I'm calling it the Bedbath.

When you want a bath you roll up your quilts into the waterproof container, throw your pillows off into a dry place, lift up the sides until they click into place, and turn on the shower.

Mark 2 will come with a hair dryer built into the headboard too, and hot air blowers built into the sides, to help dry the bed quicker.

hmm you just gave me an idea, imagine this, at the bottom of the bed you have a container big enough to store a quilt and bedding and water proof.

The headboard is connected to the water supply and has a shower system built into it.

The mattress is water proof and has holes for drainage that from the underneath are piped up to some water containers.

When you want a bath you roll up your quilts into the waterproof container, throw your pillows off into a dry place, lift up the sides until they click into place, and turn on the shower.

Mark 2 will come with a hair dryer built into the headboard too, and hot air blowers built into the sides, to help dry the bed quicker.

I have a dog that does all that already.

You've obviously thought this through Digsy! Given the Japanese obsession with extreme activities I think they're gullible enough to buy into it :D

We can barely get a robot to look human, let alone do the simplest of tasks and the way things seem to be going, it`ll be centuries before anyone will be able to construct a machine with more brain power than a grasshopper. Its ok making them walk and repeat phrases from a recording but anything more than that is utterly beyond even the most advanced machines.

You've obviously thought this through Digsy! Given the Japanese obsession with extreme activities I think they're gullible enough to buy into it :D

I'm thinking about another model called the wetbed, it basically has little motors built into the sides and bottom, works pretty much like a whisk, you stick in some cleaning attachments, fluffy stuff on the end of an arm, and it cleans you as you roll about.

Make a few d..di...dil....adult attachments and it would be perfect for the Chinese market too.

I'm thinking about another model called the wetbed, it basically has little motors built into the sides and bottom, works pretty much like a whisk, you stick in some cleaning attachments, fluffy stuff on the end of an arm, and it cleans you as you roll about.

Make a few d..di...dil....adult attachments and it would be perfect for the Chinese market too.

One problem, are these jobs the Japanese traditionally employed immigrants to do or are you revealing a personal interest in an alternative lifestyle? :hihi:

Archived