Cutbacks - Can we afford the Pope's visit?

Is that pedophile supporting Nazi paying us a visit then?

Can't he pay for it himself? It's not like the Vatican is short of cash is it?

After all, as the lying hypocrite would probably tell you himself, it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, yadda yadda.

Much of the Catholic Church's money is tied up in property. they have a bit of a cash flow problem, hence the nice offer from back-bencher, minister's son Gordon. 20 million quid, how many scanners/incubators/museums/schoolbooks ....... would that buy. It's a drop in the ocean of government expenditure in real terms but its the principle that hurts.

If it was a visit to do with the catholic church, he would pay.

However, somehow it has been classified as a 'State Visit' which means we pay for the lying, paedophile-covering Pope to come over. I'm not quite sure what state business he will be attending to though, or if any other unelected person gets a state visit.

He's coming over to get money out of his followers - it's a marketing exercise. There is no way the taxpayer should be paying for it.

Guest sibon
Much of the Catholic Church's money is tied up in property. they have a bit of a cash flow problem, hence the nice offer from back-bencher, minister's son Gordon. 20 million quid, how many scanners/incubators/museums/schoolbooks ....... would that buy. It's a drop in the ocean of government expenditure in real terms but its the principle that hurts.

It is a school. A whole, 21st century rebuilt school (if you remove the BSF premium).

The school will last for maybe 30 years, educating perhaps 30 000 young people. The Pope will be in and out in a matter of days, with no benefit to anyone except a few Catholics.

If they want the visit, fine, they should pay for it. At the moment, the only state visits that we should contemplate, are those that will enhance our trade opportunities.

The school will last for maybe 30 years, educating perhaps 30 000 young people. The Pope will be in and out in a matter of days, with no benefit to anyone except a few Catholics.

I'm not quite sure how it will benefit any Catholics, to be honest.

Guest sibon
I'm not quite sure how it will benefit any Catholics, to be honest.

A nice mass and a free wafer.

Who wouldn't consider that a benefit?

I wonder what would happen if Jesus came:

He'd probably be walking;

He would eat and drink sparingly;

He would talk to ordinary folk;

He wouldn't be worried about "security".

I forgot: this guy's more important, isn't he?

I wonder what would happen if Jesus came:

He'd probably be walking;

He would eat and drink sparingly;

He would talk to ordinary folk;

He wouldn't be worried about "security".

I forgot: this guy's more important, isn't he?

He's in The Beatles as well? I might go and see him in that case.

This is a joke, right?

15 (fifteen) MILLION pounds for the Pope to visit! Is this documented somewhere or is it merely one of the Daily Mail's 'true and honest' stories?

Seriously, isn't anyone else outraged by this? It's a disgraceful, outrageous waste of money and while I've no doubt the current Pope, for all his words, has shed not so much as a second of remorse, it's horrific to think his pointless visit is being paid for by UK tax payers.

It may cost £15 million but what will it repay? All those catholic punters lining the street somewhere will have to buy refreshments so a corner shop somewhere will have a surge of about £10 in the day's takings. Then there is the fuel someone will buy for their mini coupe to carry all those who want to line up to see the representative of a questionable god.

Reckon all in all - his visit may cost us £15 million, but we should get at least £30 back. Sorted.

I cannot believe he is actually coming. How many times has the pope excommunicated Britain? Has he not got the message yet?

Archived