Cutbacks - Can we afford the Pope's visit?

But people are denied expensive medical treatments now, yet the Pope hasn't even been yet, so what has it to do with him?
The £15 million being spent/wasted on his needless visit, we'll be funding a vist by Osama Bin Liner next, wouldn't surprise me if if Tabby and PT hadn't already got it lined up.

Putting aside the question of whether or not we can afford it, should we as a country spend our money on what is essentially a marketing activity for a single religion?

I could afford to go out and buy a litre of whisky and drink the lot this afternoon. That doesn't mean I should (although some days I think it's be nice!)

Being able to afford something is not a very good guide as to whether or not you should do it.

Putting aside the question of whether or not we can afford it, should we as a country spend our money on what is essentially a marketing activity for a single religion?

I could afford to go out and buy a litre of whisky and drink the lot this afternoon. That doesn't mean I should (although some days I think it's be nice!)

Being able to afford something is not a very good guide as to whether or not you should do it.

I dont think my country should do it, Christianity is old fashioned and well past its sellby date.

Why dont they just keep it to themselves.

What's he coming over here for anyway ? Gathering a few extra rent boys for his chums.

I wish he wouldn't come here.

I've had Christians knocking on my door 4 times this year.

I've emailed the bishop of Leicester asking him to stop the hard sell etc.

what connection do you have to Sheffield?

He is now saying that everyone has to do what he says because all authority in the church comes from christ and he is christ's Big Boss Man on Earth.

Priests are now to 'govern and guide' with god's authority and must not use their own. Anyone think this is all a bit lame, sick and completely wrong?

We have paid for many many visiting dignatories over the years; heads of state, presidents, prime ministers, monarchs & religious leaders. Should we stop shelling out for all of them or just single out the Pope due to the prejudice of a few?

Not just the Pope, but we've already banned Mugabwe.

Archived