Top ten reasons you should quit facebook

I am not too sure that I am concerned about this. I have just been on facebook and searched for Mick Jagger and found 57 of him, most of whom had very similar photographs. I then searched for Ayrton Senna and found 460 of him, again sharing very similar information and photographs.

It can't have escaped folks that Ayrton Senna has been dead for around 20 years, and as such it would lead me to conclude that some of the info supposedly collected by the CIA is likely to be 95% bullsch1t. As 99% of our info is readily available from far more reliable sources elsewhere, I just wonder who would bother trawling Facebook as source material?

But just in case the tax man is browsing tonight I have posted that I earn £17 week and have 14 dependent children with disabilities.

Facebook is a great deal more insidious in that respect though, as many people use it continuously, open on a tab. That's more akin to "real time tracking".

...and so do people with this forum, plus there's the time and date of your post.

It's simple, do not put information on the internet (not just facebook) that you wouldn't want people to see.

Due to sprawling privacy concerns and facebook getting sued again and again, IMO its high time to get rid of this apparently "harmless" service, for good.

Gizmodo have shared their reasons with us which could be scary to parents and privacy concerned individuals.

http://gizmodo.com/5530178/top-ten-reasons-you-should-quit-facebook

One more thing. Facebook account doesn't gets deactivated easily. There is a short procedure for completely removing your information at any point of time.

Regards,

google facebook suicide to commit facebook suicide.

...and so do people with this forum, plus there's the time and date of your post.

It's simple, do not put information on the internet (not just facebook) that you wouldn't want people to see.

The difference with facebook is that you can do many things other than post global messages, and it's predicated on exchanging personal information, and it's all being deliberately aggregated by Facebook inc. for commercial use (unlike this forum).

Everyone leaks data onto the internet when they use it, facebook simply encourages people to collect all the leaked data together in one place where it is more commercially useful and available.

And facebook is very much a honeypot, keeping large amounts of internet visitors in one place, which is good for the rest of us.

There's nothing more sinister about Facebook that the individual poster does not portray themselves. If you want to put up your mobile number or even worse your address then you deserve all you get and should rightly be labelled a DUFUS ...

It's the only place you can take up lodgings in a virtual cleavage and have some harmless fun ;):hihi::hihi:

My son told me the other day that the Pakistani's have been protesting about the English flag and that they are saying its racist to fly them, and that they are talking of making it illigal :loopy:

Anyhow I did not recollect anything like this on the news so asked where he got this exclusive info from, and was it just hear say or was it something thats been in the media.

He said its definitly right as he has seen it on face book. :confused::suspect:

Oh well, if its going to foggy his head to the real world then Bye Bye facebook.

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/ealing-news/local-ealing-news/2010/05/25/bin-men-face-the-sack-for-flying-england-flags-64767-26518072/

http://www.journalism.co.uk/66/articles/538759.php

The story was also in a few of the main redtops such as The Sun (strangely I can't find it anymore on their website since it's been denounced as untrue ;) ), so is it bye bye to newspapers too?

Actually it probably should be bye bye to 90% of them.

Due to sprawling privacy concerns and facebook getting sued again and again, IMO its high time to get rid of this apparently "harmless" service, for good.

Gizmodo have shared their reasons with us which could be scary to parents and privacy concerned individuals.

http://gizmodo.com/5530178/top-ten-reasons-you-should-quit-facebook

One more thing. Facebook account doesn't gets deactivated easily. There is a short procedure for completely removing your information at any point of time.

Regards,

And it's purely a coincidence that you've suddenly developed this concern for "privacy" as regards facebook in the month that Draw Mohamed Day was popularised in no small part through facebook is it?

Archived