Top ten reasons you should quit facebook

And it's purely a coincidence that you've suddenly developed this concern for "privacy" as regards facebook in the month that Draw Mohamed Day was popularised in no small part through facebook is it?

There is a huge difference between "privacy concerns" and "blasphemy".

The difference with facebook is that you can do many things other than post global messages, and it's predicated on exchanging personal information, and it's all being deliberately aggregated by Facebook inc. for commercial use (unlike this forum).

Everyone leaks data onto the internet when they use it, facebook simply encourages people to collect all the leaked data together in one place where it is more commercially useful and available.

And facebook is very much a honeypot, keeping large amounts of internet visitors in one place, which is good for the rest of us.

The purpose of most websites is to keep visitors on the site, you don't build a website that no-one wants to use.

Again with regards your other comments, it's irrelevant what it encourages, I choose what I share on there, it's not up to facebook. I don't get any spam online yet I get crap through the door so which is worse for sharing with advertisers, facebook or every other company I use that has my address?

I still believe people should have to pass a test to be online because 99% of the stupid stuff that happens is because of people who are badly or uninformed about this type of thing.

Archived