I challenged you on the Catholic church and it's hate agenda..not my prob

The words 'hate agenda' have evidently touched a raw nerve and now you sound like you've totally lost it. (I've just had a peep at the original thread, yes you've definitely lost it.)

We react most severely to that in others that we can't see in ourselves. I think you just caught a glimpse of yourself in a metaphorical mirror and you didn't like it.

Is that so, please please forgive me for objecting to someone proffering their hate of catholics, sorry I didn't realise that catholics were fare game but muslims aren't :suspect:

Is that so, please please forgive me for objecting to someone proffering their hate of catholics, sorry I didn't realise that catholics were fare game but muslims aren't :suspect:

I don't know what gives you that idea. Most religions get pretty short shrift on here.

I'm not sure you aren't assuming too much of a dichotomy here. From what I see the left disapprove of Rome's position on homosexuality, contraception (in particular the use of condoms to prevent HIV transmission), abortion, complicity with child abuse, embryo research and probably other issues. This does not stop them campaigning alongside Catholics on issues of fairtrade, poverty, third world debt, war and of course, most recently, leafleting against the BNP. Indeed I can think of a number of occasions in which UAF meetings and Stop the War meetings have not only been held in Catholic halls, but with the priest in attendance. I doubt they will ever become bosom buddies but there are definitely issues that the left and Catholics at a lay (or lower clerical) level will agree and work together. There have been times in Latin America when ties have been very close.

Muslims aren't? The poor buggers are nearly the only 'game' on here.

But as Trautmann points out, all religions are generally derided.

I am right wing zealot and I just loathe the Catholic hate agenda.

I have no problem with that if its true, thatcher was a tory for example but blair was supposed to be labour.

My 'problem' is with so called liberals with double standards.

Sheep in wolfs cloathing.

Out of the blue mate, for no apparent reason at all,

Of course there must have been a reason, but no one is telling.

Oh, I've just seen where you're coming from truconstruct, it does appear that the word 'hate' had been used prior to your tormentor's mention of it.

I have no problem with that if its true, thatcher was a tory for example but blair was supposed to be labour.

My 'problem' is with so called liberals with double standards.

Sheep in wolfs cloathing.

So is it only ok for the right wing to hate? Is that seen as a virtuous quality amongst them?

Archived