Catholic Church says Woman should have died with foetus

It is worth remembering, as well, that in just about every other scenario outside pregnancy, the withholding of potentially life saving medical intervention is deemed by the Church as equivalent to euthanasia (and excommunicable). Even where this is for comfort purposes in the last stage of life or where it is expressly the wish of the patient themselves.

Their defence on the grounds of deontology (you can't commit an 'evil' to do a 'good') can also be levelled against them. The woman's life and the excommunication of this nun are both clearly being used as a means to an end. Just on this occasion the end is their own self justification and not the saving of a life.

I will not hear talk against the Catholic Church.

It is the church on which all faiths are based.

People who speak against it are blasphemers and heretic infedels.:hihi:

Your kidding arnt you? If not then I hold my hand up as a heratic and blasphemer. The catholic church is so far stuck in the past it has NO sense of reality whatsoever

Your kidding arnt you? If not then I hold my hand up as a heratic and blasphemer. The catholic church is so far stuck in the past it has NO sense of reality whatsoever

Yes I am.

I am heretic and blasphemer in chief.:hihi:

Once again Plekhanov has managed to dig some dirt on the catholic church, in reality turned out good so no damage was done. A little over reaction on the bishops behalf. However the catholic religion saves thousands of peoples lives every year. Through their charity work etc etc. So lets remember folks the catholic church does actually do great things in the majority of cases. I am sure if you look deep and hard enough on any religion you will find your fair share of dirt. Plekhanov go pick on the Muslims ........i dare YOU!

It also has a deep-rooted fear and dislike of women. I wonder if a priest would have been excommunicated in the same situation?

It also has a deep-rooted fear and dislike of women. I wonder if a priest would have been excommunicated in the same situation?

If the fear and dislike is as deep-rooted as you say (and I'm not arguing the point), then the chances are that a priest, finding himself in the same situation, would choose not to give the treatment.

It is things like this that make me hate the Catholic Church.

I was a roman catholic and used to go to church and catholic school as a kid (St Peters and then Notre Dame).

I will never set foot in a catholic church again.

It is things like this that make me hate the Catholic Church.

I was a roman catholic and used to go to church and catholic school as a kid (St Peters and then Notre Dame).

I will never set foot in a catholic church again.

That cannot be true.

If you are a trained Catholic then you are destined for Extreme Unction on your death bed.

I have not been to Mass for over 40 years but will still want a Priest in my dying hours.

Archived