Catholic Church says Woman should have died with foetus

You want evidence of what catholics do what is great .......CAFOD for one!

I just find your constant anti catholic views offensive and it really annoys me that you are allowed to get away with it. Had you picked on Islam this thread would have been closed. Thats all i was getting at!!

CAFOD's ability to 'do good' remains severely restricted by their inability to shift Rome on condom usage as a means to prevent HIV transmission - inspite of their initial optimism on the 'election' of Pope Benedict to office.

CAFOD's ability to 'do good' remains severely restricted by their inability to shift Rome on condom usage as a means to prevent HIV transmission - inspite of their initial optimism on the 'election' of Pope Benedict to office.

CAFOD=Catholic Aid For Overseas Development. i dont profess to know the politics of the Vatican and HIV I do know it does good things for OVERSEAS DEVELOPMENT!

Are you saying that you would not donate money to charity if it wasn't for your Catholic faith?[/quote/]

I dont believe I said i donated money to any charities. I do though I also think if it wasnt for my catholic upbringing that I probably wouldnt.

To be fair I think CAFOD's stance on condoms is that they are the 'lesser of two evils' when used to combat AIDS.

I'm more interested in the fact that when any Catholic is asked to justify the goodness of his/her faith, in the UK at least, they are more than likely to shout CAFOD.

A charity that is only as old as me. How old is the Catholic Church now? A charity, which as you suggest has all sorts of mixed up thoughts about what is actually good/bad and has a number of critics within the Catholic faith because it is not Catholic enough. A charity which has a duty to proselytize included in its mission statement.

Basically I am reminded of the question that Christopher Hitchens asks:

“Name an ethical statement or action, made or performed by a person of faith, that could not have been made or performed by a nonbeliever. I have since asked this question at every stop and haven’t had a reply yet.”

To be fair I think CAFOD's stance on condoms is that they are the 'lesser of two evils' when used to combat AIDS.

I'm more interested in the fact that when any Catholic is asked to justify the goodness of his/her faith, in the UK at least, they are more than likely to shout CAFOD.

I can answer that one simply. Its the only one I know and All the way through school it was the one we always collected money for.

Archived