Catholic Church says Woman should have died with foetus

In this day and age there is enough contraception available for people not to need abortion. I dont believe in abortion. I do believe in using my noggin and not getting caught out .......I do have 3 young sons! I am running to the hospital for the snip soon as the appointment comes:hihi:I will cope with gods wrath regarding contraception until that time:hihi:

:huh: How is this supposed to rebut my charge that the Catholic Church's position upon contraception & abortion and the propaganda the church puts out to try and spread that position causes inmense harm?

I looked at the Nicaragua info. Where does it say catholicism has placed this woman at risk it looks like its the law in this case!

You're being more than a little disingenuous here, the law in Nicaragua (which most people know to be a largely Catholic country) follows the teachings of the Catholic Church as set out in the OP. Just to prevent any further 'misunderstandings' on your part on this issue here is a BBC news story about the law being introduced:

"Abortion was a central issue for November's presidential election in mainly Roman Catholic Nicaragua.

President-elect Daniel Ortega once favoured abortion rights but changed stance after re-embracing Catholicism.

Mr Bolanos signed the law in the presence of Roman Catholic bishops and Protestant evangelist leaders."

the nun in question did not and would not leave anyone to die!!

And for this was excommunicated, how do you think this is likely to affect the judgement of her replacement & those serving in similar positions in Catholic institutions the next time a situation like this comes up? Will they do the right thing thing save a life and get excommunicated or will they condemn a woman to death and remain within the church?

Ok you didnt look for this story but you do choose to open a thread on the "evilness" of catholicism AGAIN! when in reality it shows a real good woman doing the work of god and saving a life. Bishop getting it all wrong.If Jesus was still around he coulda saved them both.... If you ever read the new testament, Jesus spent lots of time teaching his disciples where they were getting it wrong letting snobbery and human emotion get in the way of what is really right.

You want evidence of what catholics do what is great .......CAFOD for one!

This is most dishonest of you, I clearly asked for evidence to back up your huge claim that:

"the catholic church does actually do great things in the majority of cases"

Not for you to cite the existence of a single catholic organisation you like. Please respond to what I posted not what you wish I'd posted.

I just find your constant anti catholic views offensive and it really annoys me that you are allowed to get away with it.

So you don't agree with freedom of expression, how very Catholic of you.

Had you picked on Islam this thread would have been closed. Thats all i was getting at!!

In my previous post (which you just quoted) I linked to a thread I started just last week which isn't exactly singing the praises of Islam & it is still open. You really are showing an impressively theistic capacity to ignore evidence that is inconvenient to you.

:huh: How is this supposed to rebut my charge that the Catholic Church's position upon contraception & abortion and the propaganda the church puts out to try and spread that position causes inmense harm?

You're being more than a little disingenuous here, the law in Nicaragua (which most people know to be a largely Catholic country) follows the teachings of the Catholic Church as set out in the OP. Just to prevent any further 'misunderstandings' on your part on this issue here is a BBC news story about the law being introduced:

"Abortion was a central issue for November's presidential election in mainly Roman Catholic Nicaragua.

President-elect Daniel Ortega once favoured abortion rights but changed stance after re-embracing Catholicism.

Mr Bolanos signed the law in the presence of Roman Catholic bishops and Protestant evangelist leaders."

And for this was excommunicated, how do you think this is likely to affect the judgement of her replacement & those serving in similar positions in Catholic institutions the next time a situation like this comes up? Will they do the right thing thing save a life and get excommunicated or will they condemn a woman to death and remain within the church?

This is most dishonest of you, I clearly asked for evidence to back up your huge claim that:

"the catholic church does actually do great things in the majority of cases"

Not for you to cite the existence of a single catholic organisation you like. Please respond to what I posted not what you wish I'd posted.

So you don't agree with freedom of expression, how very Catholic of you.

In my previous post (which you just quoted) I linked to a thread I started just last week which isn't exactly singing the praises of Islam & it is still open. You really are showing an impressively theistic capacity to ignore evidence that is inconvenient to you.

Plekhanov you are very boring.

CAFOD doesnt discriminate against peoples colour or creed.......Religion, yes I suppose it does

Indeed it does - it will help anyone at all - as long as they are Catholic - not very Christian is it?

A fine example of divisive ingroup/outgroup behaviour is it not? A bit like their schools really.

How can they justify their status as a charity but refuse to assist non-catholics? Surely that is against all things 'christian'?

Hypocrisy personified.:nono:

Shame on you the Catholic church.

How can they justify their status as a charity but refuse to assist non-catholics? Surely that is against all things 'christian'?

Hypocrisy personified.:nono:

Shame on you the Catholic church.

As there are sufficient genuine criticisms of the Catholic church to be made there is hardly any need to make ones up! CAFOD can be criticised on many things - most obviously there weakness before the church over condoms - but like nearly all the other main charities - Oxfam, Christian Aid, Islamic Relief, Red Cross/Red Crescent - they divert their money between each other to where it is most needed. CAFOD diverted money to Islamic Relief following the earthquake in Iran. Islamic Relief diverted money to CAFOD following the hurricane in Central America.

As there are sufficient genuine criticisms of the Catholic church to be made there is hardly any need to make ones up! CAFOD can be criticised on many things - most obviously there weakness before the church over condoms - but like nearly all the other main charities - Oxfam, Christian Aid, Islamic Relief, Red Cross/Red Crescent - they divert their money between each other to where it is most needed. CAFOD diverted money to Islamic Relief following the earthquake in Iran. Islamic Relief diverted money to CAFOD following the hurricane in Central America.

Maybe in extreme circumstances - but on a day-to-day basis CAFOD provides assistance to those of the Catholic faith only - FACT.

dude I think you should check up on what the word 'creed' means.

Creed derived from latin Credo.....religious beliefs etc etc. As Bozo pointed out CAFOD does give money where it is needed to different creeds!

And I hate being called DUDE!:gag:

Archived