What's happened to Nether Edge??

Talking to people recently and there seems to be alot of violence going on around Nether Edge...Last night there was a police helicopter above our house and on the weekend a white guy was arrested outside our house for kicking cars of all things.

I live on Nether Edge and all I have heard recently is about the gangs. There has been points made about them all being asian, I don't know how true this is and is not my words!

Somebody the other day was beaten up by two lads.

A couple of weeks ago, 25 people were kicking a door down. Probably the victims fault as they were kicking the door down to get to the cannabis that was being grown there.

And a friend had 2 lads throw a brick through his window for no reason, another is getting threatened by one for no reason and is having to go the police.

Iis there something in the water recently?

I'm sorry, but if this isn't an attack on Asians, why feel the need to mention the race at all?

you started by saying that a white guy was arrested for kicking cars.

If it is a racial thread, then don't say it isn't.

If it is a 'violence on the rise in Nether Edge' then there is no need to single out the appearence. How do you know that they are not 4th or 5th generation English?

I am offended that you even think I am being racist. I have said that these are not my words, I am repeating how I have been told. I am a quarter of Indian myself and I have a dual heritage daughter so please, get your facts straight before you render me racist!

These crimes have been committed by the same 3 gangs of lads. I am wanting to know why they are doing these things, and what is wrong with white people walking down the road drunk and getting theirselves arrested.

This thread is about crime and how pathetic people are becoming. Nobody has any dignity these days and everybody is out for an argument...

When I said what is wrong with white people getting drunk I meant what is wrong with them, they should learn how to behave like the law abiding people out there like myself, seems there aren't too many of us left

it will end up just like darnall and firth park, people will be afraid of the violence and intimidation and move away and other communities will take over and buy up the property as it comes for sale cheap!!

there is a house in Nether Edge I spent most of last year at - there were (at most times) 2 Aussies, 2 Irish, several English (of all colours and heritage), 1 Polish, and random other visitors. there were even tall, short, fat, thin, red heads, blondes, brunettes.....

every one was welcome and no one was judged on how they looked.

maybe it was the 'good part' of Nether Edge.

Last night there was a police helicopter above our house and on the weekend a white guy was arrested outside our house for kicking cars of all things.

That somehow seems inaccurate. I refuse to believe he was kicking cars. Well, refuse to believe he was white.

it will end up just like darnall and firth park, people will be afraid of the violence and intimidation and move away and other communities will take over and buy up the property as it comes for sale cheap!!

I know exactly what you mean!

3 Bedroom house for sale S9, pm for details.

I'm sorry, but if this isn't an attack on Asians, why feel the need to mention the race at all?

you started by saying that a white guy was arrested for kicking cars.

If it is a racial thread, then don't say it isn't.

If it is a 'violence on the rise in Nether Edge' then there is no need to single out the appearence. How do you know that they are not 4th or 5th generation English?

well if people want to look out for them then they surely have to know what they look like....plus, when have you ever heard someone say, "ey up, did you see those 5th generation english lads walking round the other night?" :hihi:

.....deary me

and by other communities you mean asians. What a load of crap. Both those areas are no worse than many other in Sheffield and netheredge overall is far better than most other places. You can see asians , whites, chinese etc etc all going about there business without anyone being hassled. Now can you say the same about Parsons, SoutheyGgreen, Manor etc. I think the house prices for the areas back my view.......

Archived