What's happened to Nether Edge??

and by other communities you mean asians. What a load of crap. Both those areas are no worse than many other in Sheffield and netheredge overall is far better than most other places. You can see asians , whites, chinese etc etc all going about there business without anyone being hassled. Now can you say the same about Parsons, SoutheyGgreen, Manor etc. I think the house prices for the areas back my view.......

YEP CORRECT! of course they are worse thats why people want to get out, that s the idea of the intimidation so the communities can stay and be all of one ethnicity.

netheredge for the time being is slightly better but as you can see from comments from people that actually live there they are worried!!

i agree parsons cross, southey manor etc has its own contingent of white troublemakers and people want to get out of there also...........hence the low house prices!

a while ago a gang of asians beat up 2 english lads and pulled their girlfriends hair, they were shouting "who called her a slag" ? - about a girl they were with, they didn't see us at this point but as they got nearer to us they became even braver and asked us the same question while bouncing across the road to us, to which we all replied "we all did" - (called her a slag i mean even though we didn't) i've never seen an expression change so quick the sheer terror on this scums face said it all, but by then it was too late - carnage - they got wrote off - none of us were proud of it but what goes around comes around, they got dealt with !

a while ago a gang of asians beat up 2 english lads and pulled their girlfriends hair, they were shouting "who called her a slag" ? - about a girl they were with, they didn't see us at this point but as they got nearer to us they became even braver and asked us the same question while bouncing across the road to us, to which we all replied "we all did" - (called her a slag i mean even though we didn't) i've never seen an expression change so quick the sheer terror on this scums face said it all, but by then it was too late - carnage - they got wrote off - none of us were proud of it but what goes around comes around, they got dealt with !

Well aren't you a brave little boy? Did you report yourself to the Police for affray/assault?

That's really bad, you should have let them beat you up or tried to talk your way out of it.

LOL..thats really funny. Serves them right.

I would have been proud of myself if I'd have been you

Thanks, you've put a smile on my face for the day :D

I'm not in the slightest bit racist (I have several Asian and afro Caribbean friends) but you can't ignore the facts....

Areas with a high ethnic minority population have higher crime- that’s a fact.

In 1997 the UK had a population of about 55 million people- 2% were Asian and 5% were afro Caribbean yet 16% of the people arrested in 1997 were afro Caribbean and 7 % were Asian.....

I know they are old figures but our ethnic diversity has only grown in the last 13 years. You can't argue with statistics like that.

You cannot blame the people who live on Nether Edge for being worried. If there was trouble in your area and you knew it was as a result of ethnic minorities encroaching on where you live you have got a right to be angry- it doesn’t automatically make you racist. I hate this PC rubbish.

My dad has been a policeman for 30 years. He's a real upstanding bloke who absolutely hates racism with a passion yet whenever the subject comes up he makes it pretty clear that the amount of people from ethnic backgrounds he deals with is very disproportionate to the amount of white people.

Whenever people even mention race you always have the PC brigade piping up with “why does race make any difference?”

You can’t argue with statistics. I doubt there would be complaints if I said people who wear hoodies are more likely to be involved in crime… :loopy:

In 1997 the UK had a population of about 55 million people- 2% were Asian and 5% were afro Caribbean yet 16% of the people arrested in 1997 were afro Caribbean and 7 % were Asian.....

I know they are old figures but our ethnic diversity has only grown in the last 13 years. You can't argue with statistics like that.

Yes you can if you are presuming that 1997 figures based on a different percentile and base figure can be directly extrapolated onwards by 13 years.

Evidence please if we're to discuss it sensibly

Archived