Everybody draw the Holocaust day.

Shouldn't the appropriate comeback from Everybody Draw Mohammed Day be several other "Draw ..... whoever" days:

Everybody Draw The Dalai Lama Day

Everybody Draw Jesus Day

Everybody Draw Siddhartha Gautama (aka The Buddha) Day

Everybody Draw Ganesha Day etc etc.

Or we could simply have a 'Draw what you want and no-one will threaten to kill you Day' In fact, we could have 365 of them per year. It'd be a little bit like living in a civilised society :-)

Or we could simply have a 'Draw what you want and no-one will threaten to kill you Day' In fact, we could have 365 of them per year. It'd be a little bit like living in a civilised society :-)

I will certainly agree with you on that.

Shouldn't the appropriate comeback from Everybody Draw Mohammed Day be several other "Draw ..... whoever" days:

Everybody Draw The Dalai Lama Day

Everybody Draw Jesus Day

Everybody Draw Siddhartha Gautama (aka The Buddha) Day

Everybody Draw Ganesha Day etc etc.

Yes.

But we're not dealing with rational human beings here:thumbsup:.

Sounds good to me:thumbsup:.

Nail on head. Have a sticky bun. :)

Generally,the majority of Muslims believe visual representations of all prophets are inappropriate in that they distract from God's message and could lead to a kind of idol worship, something forbidden in Islam.

From Wikipedia:

"Idolatry is usually defined as worship of any cult image, idea, or object, as opposed to the worship of a monotheistic God. It is considered a major sin in the Abrahamic religions whereas in religions where such activity is not considered a sin, the term "idolatry" itself is absent. Which images, ideas, and objects, constitute idolatry, and which constitute reasonable worship, is a matter of contention with some religious authorities."

This puzzles me. Religious believers cannot decide what idolatry is amongst themselves, and there is historical evidence that images of Muhammad have been perfectly acceptable, and yet when some western cartoonists draw an image and some fanatics issue death threats, most Muslims suddenly seem to agree that the images broke their “idolatry rules”?

Is blasphemous offence more offensive than regular offence? Is it offence with knobs on? How useful it must be to claim that certain ideas are beyond criticism, wouldn’t certain political leaders love to be able to claim the same about some of their ideas, oh I forgot, some of them have.

Anyway, I digress, back to idolatry. How can you be so sure that images created by non-Muslims can break your “idolatry rules” whilst overlooking some of the most obvious ones that are committed by Muslims every day? Is not choosing to call your son Muhammad a form of idolatry? Is not choosing to wear the clothing and hair style of Muhammad a form of idolatry?

If you met a guy who had changed his name to Elvis Presley, who wore the clothes and hair style of Elvis Presley, and who chose to speak in a southern state USA accent rather than a South Yorkshire one, you would have no trouble thinking that he idolised Elvis Presley. Why do you not think the same of some of your Muslim peers with their obvious idolatry of Muhammad?

:huh:

You broke the rules of the forum. You seem to be confusing this with the concept of freedom of expression. You were legally allowed to make your images and share them ,but this is a privately run forum which can set it's own rules about what is and is not acceptable.

There is a difference between the law of the land (you did not break this), and the posting guidelines of this private forum (which you did break)

Do you understand this concept?

So there are rules that can be broken, so where is your outrage at such restriction on liberty in light of other images being allowed to remain?

That is the hypocracy I speak of.

You have helped me illustrate my point of there exists a level for decency beyond which even cartoons become offensive.

Archived