Everybody draw the Holocaust day.

So you were only being nasty to me for other reason than my having said something to you? Thank you for your input and it showss good training on your part indeed Mummy ought to be proud of you, cheers :thumbsup:

There is a clique that exists just to try and silence me and follows me about with petty sarcky comment about Muslims in general and mysself in particular. A single poster with multiple user names does most of the instigation with others jumping on the bandwagon depending on which direction the wind is blowing. Your post looks very much like just another wagon jumper wishing to join in for no point at all, so I asked if you just wished to make yourself popular or did I say something to you that you were responding to? Apparently you just wanted to be nasty so thanks again.

I really can not believe you can be as truly paranoid as your post sounds.

There is a clique that exists just to try and silence me and follows me about with petty sarcky comment about Muslims in general and mysself in particular. A single poster with multiple user names does most of the instigation with others jumping on the bandwagon depending on which direction the wind is blowing.

"Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're out to get you" Kurt Cobain

What would it take for you to realise that your style of debate (attribute made up quotes to people, wilfully misinterpret things, constantly change your own position, fail to answer direct questions, attempt to undermine everyone who asks you questions by insinuating they are being aggressive or rude etc.) is unhelpful and irritating, if not everyone you 'debate' with giving you that feedback?

Well that's one point you seem to not understand, and it seems quite obvious to me. When you go to your mosque you are showing disrespect for the Christian judgement that Jesus is the son of god.

Quite simply there is too much baggage associated with this word "respect" now, it has been hijacked by the gangsters and religious nutjobs that demand it.

We should tolerate people, agree to disagree, "respect" the concept of tolerance and free speech as it were. There is no need to respect other peoples' ideas, only tolerate them.

When people demand it, they lose it.

No. When muslims go to their mosques, they observe prayer- do not call out on any individual person(s).

How can they be disrespecting Jesus?? There are different beliefs, yes, that is what makes 'religions' but ultimately the 3 Abrahamic Faiths should be on one side- the differences lie in the fundamentals. That is the same of an ideology or concept- there are differences.

Muslims do not believe in the divinity of Jesus- many of them who are skilled in comparative religion (and many christians who themselves have converted) can explain this easily. I have met converts who tell me they could never understand the Trinity- and sometimes heard them say 'the Bible led me to Islam'.

That is all about dialogue and wanting to learn- that is never going to stop as life is a complete circle. No one knows what will happen and how things will map out.

What you're saying is when a Christian goes to a church he/she disrespects Islam and vice versa- that is just looney. Some of my biggest clients are Hindu- they have a complete different faith altogether and yet we have mutual respect and I make sure they benefit from festive periods which they follow (i.e. diwali). I sponsor events at their temple if I need to do it.

Its about respect by being the person you are- not looking at my faith and opposing it. In fact , my hindu client invited me and my wife to his son's wedding which is due to take place next month at Old Trafford. I had to decline only because I have a family wedding to attend on the same date.

Muslims do not believe in the divinity of Jesus- many of them who are skilled in comparative religion (and many christians who themselves have converted) can explain this easily. I have met converts who tell me they could never understand the Trinity- and sometimes heard them say 'the Bible led me to Islam'.

People who formerly professed utmost belief in one load of nonsense (which some of them didn't even understand) are probably not the best witnesses to some other load of nonsense being the one true way.

People who formerly professed utmost belief in one load of nonsense (which some of them didn't even understand) are probably not the best witnesses to some other load of nonsense being the one true way.

I take it you have a deep and profound knowledge on both faiths?

That is all about dialogue and wanting to learn- that is never going to stop as life is a complete circle. No one knows what will happen and how things will map out.

What you're saying is when a Christian goes to a church he/she disrespects Islam and vice versa- that is just looney.

Respect and tolerance are not synonyms, but the way you use them they may as well be. You have said it yourself, "Muslims do not believe in the divinity of Jesus", so you do not respect that viewpoint.

The fact that you get on with Christians and Hindus is wonderful, and shows that you respect them as people, and respect their right to hold such views which you tolerate whilst disrespecting.

This might seem pedantic, but it isn't in the context of this subject. Religious zealots aren't demanding tolerance, because they've already got it in our wonderful secular society as your visits to the mosque clearly testify. What they are demanding is respect, that respect and tolerance are synonymous, that we agree with their rules and follow them.

What they want is intolerant, and they are being aided and abetted by many well meaning folk that think respect and tolerance are the same.

Archived