Everybody draw the Holocaust day.

Why? That has nothing to do with the point he just made.

If someones says 'that is nonsense' then I would expect them to have some knowledge of the field they are dismissing in its totality.

I am not arguing against something that just does not add up-but to dismiss it as nonsense without having any deep understanding of the subject matter, is incorrect.

It may well be that atheists dismiss religion altogether as 'nonsense' and hence see no point in looking at any aspect of it.

If someones says 'that is nonsense' then I would expect them to have some knowledge of the field they are dismissing in its totality.

I do have some knowledge. It's a religion based on the assumption that there is a God. On that basis it's nonsense.

I do have some knowledge. It's a religion based on the assumption that there is a God. On that basis it's nonsense.

Most religions base their 'assumption' that there is some force up there- call it what you wish.

But to dismiss it as nonsense is an excuse to not go into discussion- I could say God just is! And thats it.

You say its nonsense because of what? I am not talking specifics here- just the concept of there being a God.

All depends on how you view things- if you view the Universe being here and fine tuned the way it is 'just by chance'(despite the improbability given the conditions involved etc) then I can dismiss that as absurd-simply on the basis of mathematics.

However, as has been seen before, these topics go in circles and perhaps sometimes become repetitive and ultimately going way off topic.

I agree respect cannot be demanded through violence- and those who take this form of response have no room to moan IMO.

I do not understand some points in your post- that is, how a muslim disrespects a christian etc by going to a mosque and vice versa:huh:

Well you seemed to think Lars Vilks saying things, showing pictures & videos you don't like was "abusive and offensive" to Muslims.

Why then isn't a bunch of Muslims getting together and saying things Christians don't like - such as implicitly & on occasion explicitly denying the divinity of Jesus & the Holy Spirit not "abusive and offensive" to Christians?

Why is it "respectful to Christians" for Muslims to get together & flout the teaching of Christianitybut "abusive and offensive" for Lars Vilks to give a lecture on free speech?

Most religions base their 'assumption' that there is some force up there- call it what you wish.

But to dismiss it as nonsense is an excuse to not go into discussion- I could say God just is! And thats it.

Not at all. I'll happily discuss with any one who believes in any God why I think it is nonsense.

You say its nonsense because of what? I am not talking specifics here- just the concept of there being a God.

Many reasons, perhaps best summed up by Occams' Razor. But I guess the complete lack of evidence that God does exist and the huge amount of evidence that he doesn't need to, plus the evidence that even if he does exist he's a bit unpleasant make the idea of bothering to worship him a bit idiotic.

All depends on how you view things- if you view the Universe being here and fine tuned the way it is 'just by chance'(despite the improbability given the conditions involved etc) then I can dismiss that as absurd-simply on the basis of mathematics.

Not unless your version of maths proves that 'unlikely' means 'impossible' you can't.

However, as has been seen before, these topics go in circles and perhaps sometimes become repetitive and ultimately going way off topic.

And "mathematics" suggests that the universe being magicked into existence my a murderously narcissistic sky pixie who really hates gays is likely now does it?

He also likes you to eat fish on a Friday and buries bones of creatures that never existed to test your faith.

And planted himself on Earth as his son pretending that he was dying for our sins when he must have know (being all knowing and that) that this would instead trigger a tremor through history that would rip apart the middle east for centuries to come.

I reckon he's got a well-wicked sense of humour has the Christian God.

I reckon he's got a well-wicked sense of humour has the Christian God.

But the christian, jewish & muslim god is one and the same (contrary to what Grahame believes):confused:

Archived