The petulance of atheism

I'm fed up of these atheists trying to tell people that there is no God, not even a little bit of one. What proof have they got? None? Where do they think they came from? Where did the universe come from if God didn't make it?

Millions of people all over the world believe in lots of different gods. Are they all deluded? There has to be a god for there to be this level of worship. People are just having a bit of trouble deciding which is the one true god, unless you are a pantheist in which case, the more the merrier.

Where did the universe come from if God didn't make it?

This is one of the classic logical traps into which theists fall when trying to "prove" the existence of (a) god. They start with the argument "for things to exist, they must have been created," and conclude that God must have created the universe; then when asked what created God, they turn their own argument on its head by claiming that God can exist without having been created - which nullifies their original argument!

There may well be good reasons for believing in a god, or gods; querying where the Universe came from is a very bad reason.

People are people no matter what they believe. I see the Dr Dawkins is arranging humanist summer camps to indoctrinate youth .... the exact thing he criticises religions for doing????!!!!

Dawkins is only going to "indoctrinate" youth with the ability to think clearly and rationally. Would you argue against this?

People are people no matter what they believe. I see the Dr Dawkins is arranging humanist summer camps to indoctrinate youth .... the exact thing he criticises religions for doing????!!!!

I think he criticises religion for dogmatic belief in the face of other knowledge, and a lack of open mindedness of other ideas. I very much doubt his camps (which I know nothing about) will deny any other points of view.

No he isn't.

So who has told you this? Whose words have you accepted at face value and then repeated on a public forum?

Perhaps you need to attend one of these camps to learn some critical thinking, and how to row a canoe?

:hihi:

Just to add that as this is a thread about atheism, and Dawkins is agnostic, it is off-topic anyway.

Archived