holding back scientific endeavour

many, many arguments

and atheists.

Anything you'd like to add?

Right, so theists are incorrectly said to be responsible for:

holy wars

holding back scientific endeavour

many, many arguments

and atheists are responsible the same plus all the other troubles in the world.

So what would become of the atheists if there wasn't any theists? Wouldn't everybody be an atheist if there wasn't any theists? The only thing that wouldn't exist is the label of atheism.

That is what I was saying. :)

I think my form of words was less ambiguous.

I think you would be better saying, "without theists, there would be no atheists." :)

As we've already explained - fairly thoroughly - if there was no such thing as a concept of god, there would be nothing but atheists - nobody would believe in a concept which had not even been invented. Indeed, there would be no need for the word "atheist" to be used to describe them.

That both theists and atheists exist proves nothing about the existence of any god; it proves only that the concept of a god's possible existence, is one which has been considered.

But that's still not true.

Without theists, everyone would be atheists, they just wouldn't actually use the word 'atheist' because they wouldn't need to. The word wouldn't exist.

So now we are back to God again who is at the centre of this discussion where he should be. :)

Archived