The petulance of atheism

I don't call natural disasters "acts of god."

No they're "inactions of god". God may not start the mudslide or tsunami, but once they're going, he's never been seen to stop one either. It's not outside of god's power to do so, yet many innocents die.

But it's all part of god's ineffable plan.

However atheists do.

I for one, am an atheist who would never call a natural disaster an "act of god", I think most atheists would follow the same line of thought. If we believe that there is no god we would not perpetuate the story by refering to it in this way.

I for one, am an atheist who would never call a natural disaster an "act of god", I think most atheists would follow the same line of thought. If we believe that there is no god we would not perpetuate the story by refering to it in this way.

I sometimes wonder if those people who call natural disasters an "act of god" are taking a swipe at religion?

If so then firstly they are telling lies and secondly they are talking nonsense, both of which are totally in line with the persona of the atheist.

At least you are being truthful and honest. :)

No they're "inactions of god". God may not start the mudslide or tsunami, but once they're going, he's never been seen to stop one either. It's not outside of god's power to do so, yet many innocents die.

I sometimes wonder if the world is the way it is because that is the way it has to be, like a living volatile entity that like all living things doesn't remain the same?

If that is the case then to intervene might cause it's death, but then man seems to be doing that anyway?

Just a thought. :)

I have been looking at the link in your signature. It is very interesting and looks similar to the heavenly future described in the Bible?

I have been looking at the link in your signature. It is very interesting and looks similar to the heavenly future described in the Bible?

I'm not that familiar with the heavenly future, but I've read my Timothy and Revelations of St.John, and can't see any similarities between that and the agenda espoused by BLTC.

I'm genuinely interested though, I'm guessing that you are referring to the post-apocalyptic period, and the ascension of the 144,000 in some way?

However atheists do, which is further indication just how much atheists have God on the brain. I don't know why you keep resisting him. Just allow him into your life like I did, he is already a part of you as it is.

No. Just no....

Archived