The petulance of atheism

I'm not that familiar with the heavenly future, but I've read my Timothy and Revelations of St.John, and can't see any similarities between that and the agenda espoused by BLTC.

I'm genuinely interested though, I'm guessing that you are referring to the post-apocalyptic period, and the ascension of the 144,000 in some way?

The heavenly future is clearly the BLT sandwich with added Cheese - must be brie, and toasted, I'd guess :D

I'm not that familiar with the heavenly future, but I've read my Timothy and Revelations of St.John, and can't see any similarities between that and the agenda espoused by BLTC.

I'm genuinely interested though, I'm guessing that you are referring to the post-apocalyptic period, and the ascension of the 144,000 in some way?

I'm not a Jehovah Witness and do not accept their teaching on the 144,000. I believe heaven is for the whosoever, John 3:16.

I was thinking about Revelation partly and here are a few random verses to show what was in my thoughts.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Rev 7:16 They will never hunger or thirst again,

Rev 21:4 He will wipe all tears from their eyes, and there will be no more death, suffering, crying, or pain. These things of the past are gone forever.

Rom 8:18 I am sure that what we are suffering now cannot compare with the glory that will be shown to us.

2Co 4:17 These little troubles are getting us ready for an eternal glory that will make all our troubles seem like nothing. Things that are seen don't last forever, but things that are not seen are eternal. That's why we keep our minds on the things that cannot be seen.

Eph 2:7 God did this so that in the future world he could show how truly good and kind he is to us because of what Christ Jesus has done.

At least you are being truthful and honest. :)

It is you that is the dishonest when you say

I don't call natural disasters "acts of god."

However atheists do

None of my atheist friends use the term "act of god" to describe natural disasters - some of my christian friends do though:confused:.

No they're "inactions of god". God may not start the mudslide or tsunami, but once they're going, he's never been seen to stop one either. It's not outside of god's power to do so, yet many innocents die.

But it's all part of god's ineffable plan.

That's kind of how I see things.

That's kind of how I see things.

You see, I think "ineffable plan" is a fig leaf.

No-one has reconciled the necessity and existence of evil and the existence of an infinitely loving god, except in rigidly dualistic terms where neither is greater than the other. (and if that is the case then the outcome of the final battle is not a foregone conclusion)

I think what the BLTC foundation is trying to achieve (in a somewhat elliptical and ineffectual way) is a humanly engineered paradise that does bear similarities to the scripture quoted by Grahame above

You see, I think "ineffable plan" is a fig leaf.

No-one has reconciled the necessity and existence of evil and the existence of an infinitely loving god, except in rigidly dualistic terms where neither is greater than the other. (and if that is the case then the outcome of the final battle is not a foregone conclusion)

I think what the BLTC foundation is trying to achieve (in a somewhat elliptical and ineffectual way) is a humanly engineered paradise that does bear similarities to the scripture quoted by Grahame above

Is that the bacon, lettuce, tomato club sandwich foundation by any chance?

Archived