The petulance of atheism

I sometimes wonder if the world is the way it is because that is the way it has to be, like a living volatile entity that like all living things doesn't remain the same?

If that is the case then to intervene might cause it's death, but then man seems to be doing that anyway?

Just a thought. :)

You think Malaria and Cancer are a key part of the ecosystem of the world and that as an all powerful caring god your god had no choice but to create reality in the way it is.

Well, that makes him either no so all powerful, or not so caring. Which is it?

"The Gaia Theory posits that the organic and inorganic components of Planet Earth have evolved together as a single living, self-regulating system. It suggests that this living system has automatically controlled global temperature, atmospheric content, ocean salinity, and other factors, that maintains its own habitability. In a phrase, “life maintains conditions suitable for its own survival.” In this respect, the living system of Earth can be thought of analogous to the workings of any individual organism that regulates body temperature, blood salinity, etc."

I'm puzzled now, are you arguing that god didn't design evolution, didn't forsee what would happen or didn't care that it would cause harm?

I'm puzzled now, are you arguing that god didn't design evolution, didn't forsee what would happen or didn't care that it would cause harm?

Welcome to your online God experience - you are now entering the "mysterious ways" zone. Please fasten your metaphysical seat belts and increase your implausibility tolerance levels to their highest setting. Enjoy your ride.

Even the earth has life! God is wonderful. :)

That's a complete non-sequitur. The earth having life might be a good reason to believe the earth is wonderful, but it doesn't even suggest that God exists at all, much less whether he's wonderful or not.

Welcome to your online God experience - you are now entering the "mysterious ways" zone. Please fasten your metaphysical seat belts and increase your implausibility tolerance levels to their highest setting. Enjoy your ride.

That was extreme. Where do I go for my photo?

:hihi:

You think Malaria and Cancer are a key part of the ecosystem of the world and that as an all powerful caring god your god had no choice but to create reality in the way it is.

Well, that makes him either no so all powerful, or not so caring. Which is it?

Your question is based on the assumption that God doesn't care. I suggest you are wrong in your assumption.

That is like asking someone you don't know, when did they stop beating their wife. Firstly you are assuming they have a wife and secondly you are assuming they beat their wife.

By the same token you are assuming the designers of big dippers do not care about the welfare of the people who use their rides. Also you are assuming they have no consideration for safety in the design and building of their big dippers.

I would categorically say you are totally out of order in both your assumption and your accusation. The same goes for aircraft design and someone is even asking if there too many road signs which after all are a safety feature. Next they will be saying the planners don't care because there are road accidents! Like your question that is a stupid off-beam accusation to make.

There are accidents in the air, on the roads and on big dippers, the fact accidents happen has nothing to do with the people involved who check, test, and cross-check at every stage and you should be ashamed of yourself for insulting them in that way. Like I said earlier planes, roads and big dippers are the way they are because that is the way they have to be, and to accuse the designers and builders of planes, roads, and funfair equipment of not caring is both wrong and stupid and shows a complete lack of understanding and comprehension on your part, although the one thing your question does do is that it accurately labels you as a trouble maker.

Your question is based on the assumption that God doesn't care. I suggest you are wrong in your assumption.

That is like asking someone when did they stop beating their wife without knowing them. Firstly you are assuming they have a wife and secondly you are assuming they beat their wife.

No it isn't, it's not the least bit like that.

By the same token you are assuming the designers of big dippers do not care about the welfare of the people who use their rides. Also you are assuming they have no consideration for safety in the design and building of their big dippers.

I would categorically say you are totally out of order in both your assumption and your accusation. The same goes for aircraft design and someone is even asking if there too many road signs which after all are a safety feature. Next they will be saying the planners don't care because there are road accidents which, like your question is a stupid off-beam accusation to make.

There are accidents in the air, on the roads and on big dippers, the fact accidents happen has nothing to do with the people involved who check, test, and cross-check at every stage and you should be ashamed of yourself for insulting them in that way. Like I said earlier planes, roads and big dippers are the way they are because that is the way they have to be, and to accuse the designers and builders of planes, roads, and funfair equipment of not caring is both wrong and stupid and shows a complete lack of understanding and comprehension on your part.

But your sky pixie is supposed to be all knowing and all powerful is he not?

Your question is based on the assumption that God doesn't care.

No it isn't.

Read it again

"are you arguing that god didn't design evolution, didn't forsee what would happen or didn't care that it would cause harm?"

The question definitely does not assume that god doesn't care, in fact it is even asking you if you think that god doesn't care.

There are three possible answers to the question:

1. god did design evolution and if god is all-knowing then he knew from the very beginning that horrible things like viruses and bacteria would kill millions and millions of people and cause untold suffering, in which case god doesn't care about us and is absolutely fine with us suffering and dying.

2. God didn't design evolution and can't stop things like viruses and bacteria occurring so even though he does care about us and not want us to suffer he can't stop it, in which case God is not all powerful.

3. God did design evolution but he didn't know that it would lead to horrible suffering and death, in which case God is not all knowing.

Archived