The petulance of atheism

yet they never stop talking about him.

Certain (religious) individuals seem to never stop posting threads about atheism on SF. Perhaps you would be happier if their threads got no responses?

I am beginning to get seriously worried about atheists.

What a very dull life you must lead. :D

This comment from Alan Alda on his Wikipedia page strikes a chord, especially the last line:

I still don't like the word agnostic. It's too fancy. I'm simply not a believer. But, as simple as this notion is, it confuses some people. Someone wrote a Wikipedia entry about me, identifying me as an atheist because I'd said in a book I wrote that I wasn't a believer. I guess in a world uncomfortable with uncertainty, an unbeliever must be an atheist, and possibly an infidel. This gets us back to that most pressing of human questions: why do people worry so much about other people's holding beliefs other than their own?

Why indeed.

Third party confirmation that Grahame is a poe:

http://revatheist.wordpress.com/2010/05/24/letter-to-my-sister-2/#comments

What an idiot:loopy:.

Fancy going to someone's blog just to try and prove that atheists must believe in god as "they are always talking about it". Which is plainly wrong (a lie even).

Most atheists accept the fact that people believe in god, and are quite happy to discuss the concept of "god". Still doesn't mean what you think it means.

So has anyone been off to church to do a bit of collective worship this morning? God likes to be worshipped doesn't he? What do you think would happen if people stopped worshipping god, or even worse, worshipped false gods?

Discuss the topic by all means but please leave the personal insults out.

Can't see any personal insults on here (unless you mean the post above where the name Poe was used? If so, it was a direct quote from the website that Grahame decided to post on):confused:.

So has anyone been off to church to do a bit of collective worship this morning? God likes to be worshipped doesn't he? What do you think would happen if people stopped worshipping god, or even worse, worshipped false gods?

I should think about what you said there Bloomdido. The opposite of God is the devil or satan and you aren't God's man are you.

Archived