Mum who has children just to claim £20,000 benefits.

Couldnt agree more with what??,sitting back and being idle?

If your skills only allow you to be paid the minimum wage and its not good enough for you then why not learn new skills and qualifications to earn a better wage????

Then again its ever so easy taking the windowlene in the shower isnt it??

I'm talking about those in work. It's pretty depressing working 9-5 and still not earning enough to adequately feed and clothe your family. It's all very well saying 'you should learn new skills' but when exactly are these people going to learn these skills when they are working flat out as it is just to keep afloat? Or what about if they're not clever enough to learn new skills?

Surely if you are working in any form job, irrespective of skill, you should be paid a living wage.

everyone should be paid a decent living wage, only problem is it makes our money worth less so inflation goes up so we want more money, problem is inflation has gone through the roof anyway and been covered up by them in charge, i think the minimum wage should be £12 an hour cus thats what the cost of living is for a family, and going back to earlier remarks ive always worked, 30 years ive done and paid into the system, so whats wrong with hanging my boots up for a while? problem with society has always been that you retire at 65 with 45 years work under your belt, well i dont agree with that. we work through our lives looking forward to being able to retire and when we do our bodies are worn out and knackered, whats left in life, so im gonna have some time out for a while

Archived