Info request

Going to New York in January and need to know what kind of prices to expect and generally how much dolla to take. What about tipping? Has anyone been and can tell me some good places to go? (can be bars, cafes ect.)

Tried to find info on the net but it has been pretty poor. Could do with a hand :thumbsup:

Normal tipping etiquette is 15% of the bill. Everyone works for tips in the service industry and that's how they survive. In restaurants and bars they get very, very low wages so they have to make it up in tips. So, as a rule 15% or better. You want good service? tip 20% If you tip well you can guarantee that if you go back to the same place again, the server will remember exactly what you drink and keep them coming. Prices in a big city are always more expensive, so I have no clue what you will be paying for a beer for instance. Check with your bank or even in the paper for the rate of exchange.

So have a great time. Take lots of money for all the great shopping.

You know what? Go to dogpile.com and search for "New York CVB"

You get a whole load of sites linked with the Convention and Visitors Bureau.

My parents want to meet me in NY next year. They want to visit me again, but go somewhere completely different. Not much down here in Florida but beach!!! So I was checking out a few web sites to see if I could come up with anything and maybe give you a suggestion also. There were so many web sites to look at I'm sure you'll find something informative and interesting.

Archived