Are there too many road signs?

Are there too many road signs?

Do you take any notice of them?

Could you do without many of them?

Would our streets look tidier without them?

In the road engineering circles some people are coming round to the position that road signs are counter productive and there are trials being carried out of having no signs or even road markings to see if this improves road safety.

Well maybe I'm a crap driver, but I find most road signs useful.

You aren't a crap driver if you take notice of road signs. You ARE a crap driver if you don't. Sorted.

Wonder how those people who do not take notice of road signs avoid driving the wrong way upone way streets; or have to do u-turns because they have driven along a dead end street; and so on and so on.

GordonB so loves to wind people up. Yawn!

You aren't a crap driver if you take notice of road signs. You ARE a crap driver if you don't. Sorted.

Wonder how those people who do not take notice of road signs avoid driving the wrong way upone way streets; or have to do u-turns because they have driven along a dead end street; and so on and so on.

GordonB so loves to wind people up. Yawn!

I bet signs like

FOG

spray slow down

keep left when not overtaking

dont drink and drive

Take a break

are for people like you!

Really comical crap from signs that cost fortunes.Im afraid im all for reducing the signage that clutters our country.Retest drivers perodically and get rid of the idiots that THINK they can drive i say.

I think there are too many traffic lights in Sheffield, there are certain places in the city where you are lucky to get to 25 m.p.h before hitting another set after leaving the first one

Archived