Are there too many road signs?

a village near me where the 60 limit is in force all the way through the village but drivers still want to go 25mph through it? whats all that about

I would guess that it's about consideration for the villagers. The limit is precisely that - a limit. Not a requirement.

the speed limit on all roads is 60mph or otherwise stated, just round the corner from where i live is a junior school there is an advisory 20mph sign up, but still not illegal to do 30mph if required, why do motorists drive through it at 19mph on a sunday? cus they do, believe me!

yes see your point heading north, but why do drivers still go so slow, i know drivers that arent confident enough to drive but they still do, indicision is the making of most accidents, why do people drive with defective eyesight its 40% acording to figures,

yes headingnorth your right but you miss my point on some roads there should be a minimum speed limit especially on rural roads, the slow drivers cause the accidents!! and yes where i live the farm ehicles do pull over and let the trafic by but car drivers wont, they think 30 in a 60 is fine, get them off the roads!!

Are there too many road signs?

Not really

Do you take any notice of them?

Yes

Could you do without many of them?

Depends whare I was and how well I knew the area. Assuming a complete stranger, then probably not, for the most part

Would our streets look tidier without them?

No. The illegally parked cars and crashed vehicles would litter the place more.

yes headingnorth your right but you miss my point on some roads there should be a minimum speed limit especially on rural roads, the slow drivers cause the accidents!

It's not physically possible to cause an accident by driving slowly. If an accident ensues when you are overtaken, you haven't caused it; the person overtaking when it was unsafe to do so, has caused it. If someone runs into the back of your own car, they're automatically at fault for not being able to stop.

Archived