What is south leeds like?

does anyone know what south leeds area is like? probobly going to move there with my partner and baby due, to circumstances we have not much time to choose

we are going for a viewing there on staurday, the house is on york road near the irish centre.

many thanks in advance

The area that you have mentioned on York road around the Irish Centre is pretty run down and very busy being one of the main artery roads into central leeds. Its not quite Chapeltown (leeds) but not far off i'm afraid :(

does anyone know what south leeds area is like? probobly going to move there with my partner and baby due, to circumstances we have not much time to choose

we are going for a viewing there on staurday, the house is on york road near the irish centre.

many thanks in advance

I know it well....Although I'd define it more as East Leeds than South Leeds. Anyway, it's very handy for town & good transport links. Some people would say that it's run down, I disagree. I stayed there for 4 years between 2000 - 2004 aroung East End Park, near to where you're moving to & I liked it.

The houses are solid, much better than most 'luxury' houses built today. Although it's quite a deprived area (quite a lot of elderley people & people on benefits, though not as much as neighbouring Harehills or Gipton) It's a fairly stable area, by that I mean people who live round there stay round there. So it's not like Headingley with a large student population, and lots of burglaries.

Good luck with your move.;)

Archived