When its the last goodbye..

when a relationship has reached its end

how do you respond?

do you shrug your shoulders and move on or do you hold on desperately trying to persuade your soon to be ex to think again and give you another chance?

id like to know how the ladies feel when their soon to be ex boyfriends shall we say...grovel to you and beg you for another chance?

do you feel embarrased angry irrtated flattered?

do you like to make them suffer a bit before you take them back?

and guys how do you deal with women who beg you to take them back?

are you the one strike and your out type or do you always try to forgive and forget and ready to give them another chance?

if you have dumped your ex or she has chucked you recently, how have you been coping?

do you find yourself phone watching wishing it would ring and its her/him wanting to talk to you?

if they do ring do you pretend like you dont want to talk?

or do you make it clear you are thrilled to hear from them?

and ladies in that situation are you secretly thrilled when you ex expresses how happy he is to hear from you again?

and can you really walk away from your ex and start again with someone new?

how long does it take you to stop thinking about him/her?

and when you look at your new b/friend g/f do you figuratively see your ex in them?

do you find yourself talking about your ex so much that your new partner starts to think you are longing to go back ?

and lastly....when you said the last goodbye did you openly cry?

did you hold onto your ex as if you wanted to savour the last few moments before you both went your separate ways?

and when you walked away did you have that last glance back?

[...] and guys how do you deal with women who beg you to take them back?

are you the one strike and your out type or do you always try to forgive and forget and ready to give them another chance?

[...]

how long does it take you to stop thinking about him/her?

and when you look at your new b/friend g/f do you figuratively see your ex in them?

From my limited knowledge, in bad relationships you always know it's coming to an end. I think that sometimes people try to trick themselves (for i have done this in the past), because something bad in one's life is better than something unknown, yet deep down misery tells it's own story.

How would i deal with a woman begging me to take her back? If i was unhappy enough to end it then it wouldn't change my mind one bit. That doesn't mean "one strike and she is out", relationships that function like that must be hell. The whole of the relationship has to function, the two people involved, their wishes and aims and desires in life.

As for the last point; how long is a piece of string? I'm sensing an underlying pain in what you're writing, and the sad cliché holds true. Only time can heal.

when a relationship has reached its end

how do you respond?

do you shrug your shoulders and move on or do you hold on desperately trying to persuade your soon to be ex to think again and give you another chance?

If you love them let them go.

When they don't come back - you know they did the right thing.

Time to move on. Time to get on with everything else.

Does not stop it hurting though.

From my limited knowledge, in bad relationships you always know it's coming to an end. I think that sometimes people try to trick themselves (for i have done this in the past), because something bad in one's life is better than something unknown, yet deep down misery tells it's own story.

How would i deal with a woman begging me to take her back? If i was unhappy enough to end it then it wouldn't change my mind one bit. That doesn't mean "one strike and she is out", relationships that function like that must be hell. The whole of the relationship has to function, the two people involved, their wishes and aims and desires in life.

As for the last point; how long is a piece of string? I'm sensing an underlying pain in what you're writing, and the sad cliché holds true. Only time can heal.

you sensed corectly chris

there is a underlying pain...ive not long come out of a relationship that was a one strike and your out thing...and again i can honestly say for me it was hell...the realization

that my ex was so quick to walk away left me hurt and heart broken.

If you love them let them go.

When they don't come back - you know they did the right thing.

Time to move on. Time to get on with everything else.

Does not stop it hurting though.

i didn't want to move on ana

because i still had strong feelings for my ex

but when 10 months came and went and i didnt see her anymore...i knew it was time to move on.

and yes it does hurt...

i didn't want to move on ana

because i still had strong feelings for my ex

but when 10 months come and go and you dont see her anymore...even i know it its time to move on.

do you think ana it should mean something to you ex when even after some months you still keep your door open in the hope they will come back?

It takes a hell of a long time to be able to safely say that you are capable of moving on from someone you love.

You will know inside your heart when the time is right- I have always said that love is the deadliest weapon of all time :(

I think that part of the issue here is that trying harder doesn't make someone else love you, neither does waiting for them. Do you really want someone back if you know that they don't love you?

Begging is not my style. It tends to make you look a bit of a doormat and allows others (who are thinking of themselves rather than you) to take advantage of you.

Wouldn't it be better to draw a line, move on and find someone with whom you have a mutual relationship?

Archived