Nights out in Doncaster?

lalaland

"Donny" is a good night out, as most places can be (depending on what the individuals make of them themselves). Fair enough, Donny has its issues but then don't most places?!?

Wakefield and Leeds are also definitely worth a visit and you can usually get a late train back - although not if you want to go clubbing.

I remember that documentary you mention. It put Doncaster on the map for all wrong reasons. The statistics released for 2002 of new HIV cases was 5. Of those 5, 4 had caught it from overseas. This documentary was so memorable mainly because of the scandal of the doorman - Robbo. He was portrayed in this as a stereotypical Doncaster man, sleeping around and spreading the disease. I personally knew him (not in THAT way thank god!) and he did sleep with a lot of people, some of my friends included. By the time he died of AIDS, I have no doubt that he had infected some people.

However, this does not mean that Doncaster is rife with HIV and I'm sure that the latest statistics will support that too. The reason the statistics are so high for Doncaster is because the local health authority serves such a large area. The majority of people treated here are not from Doncaster, they are referred from surrounding areas.

Going back to the point in question, Doncaster can be a fab night out. I know some Sheffield people that love it; they think it's so laid back compared to Sheffield. I think it's the reverse!

:)

• 5 years later...
Is it ?

Since when ?

yeah sundays in la barraca are ace

when in Leeds did you try the 'baja beach bar' - what a place for dodgy ladies..

yup why is that then?

Donny is known as the party capital of the UK I feel sure you have a great time there,I know they know how to party in that town.

And the women can really let their hair down,lol you will LOVE it.

where do you like to go?

when in Leeds did you try the 'baja beach bar' - what a place for dodgy ladies..

ha ha why are they dodgy?

yeah sundays in la barraca are ace

check out sundays at barracagreat night out.. cheap cocktails £2 shots from £1 awsome dj on a sunday MISTA G SPOT PLAYS ALL CHART AND RNB CLASSICS AS WELL

Last time I went out in Donny all* the guys were 'roid monsters in skin-tight t-shirts and G-star jeans and all* the women looked like prostitutes wearing the bare minimum of clothing, it was bizzare, especially considering it was the middle of winter.

(* about 99%)

i have been twice and wouldnt go again. maybe i went to the wrong places but thought it was clicky people stared/made us feel uncomfortable in a lot of the bars and loads of the pubs were scruffy. then again suppose you can say all those things about sheffield if you go to certain places.

leeds is really good for a night out, depending on what your into the corn exchange is good for an indie scene.

Archived