Scs has messed up - free settee?

i just tried and pressed the option to pay by card and nothing happens, i've tried a few times and it doesn't let you continue....however when you choose to pay by finance, its says someone will call you and you need to pay a deposit of £49.....its probably a scam by them for us to pay the fee to them before they tell us its real price. Its probably non-refundable so we can't do anything to get it back.......they get £49, we get nothing!!
if you pay by card then cancel you should get a full refund

Well another part of the T&C's says this:

'All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that your order has been accepted (Order Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation.'

So we'll soon find out as a mate of mine has just ordered one and received his order confirmation :hihi:

I ordered a PC for £99 that should have been £999 (about a decade ago) and it was delivered and paid for. At that point, once they've taken payment there's nothing they can do.

I tried to order a second one but the order was cancelled before it had shipped.

Various mispricing errors have occurred over the years, some shops have honoured them, others have offered discounts to the people who tried to order and some have just cancelled the orders and refused to supply anything. I think a few court cases have been tried, but I'm not sure if the point at which a contract exists has been fully established. If they take your money though, it definitely exists at that point!

The story so far....

Please be advised an error occurred whilst you were placing your order. This has caused the price for the product not to be captured. If you wish to proceed with your order please re-submit or call our online team on 0191 5146580 who can help you with this process.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

ScS Online

Hi xxxxxx,

There was no problem with the capture of price on the website, it was listed as in a sale with zero cost… for reference I ensured to print out all relevant pages of your site.

I did notice that an hour or so after my order was placed the price changed on site.

Please advise,

xxxxx

Hi xxxxx,

We appreciate your communication, however under section 3.4.5 Price and Payments our terms and conditions clearly states:

The Price of any Products will be as quoted on our site from time to time or over the telephone to you, expect in cases of obvious error. We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an Order Confirmation.

Kind Regards,

ScS Online

Hi xxxxxx,

I appreciate that you are now claiming that the price was in error on your site, and would like to also point out to you that under your own terms and conditions ( which I also printed out for reference ) it clearly states:

All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that your order has been accepted (Order Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation.

Considering you sent me the order confirmation, it is my belief that we have entered into a contract.

Please advise,

Regards,

xxxxx

(as you can tell, my mate likes things like this!)

Directive 2000/31/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on certain legal aspects of information society services, in particular electronic commerce, in the Internal Market ('Directive on electronic commerce')

Article 10

Information to be provided

1. In addition to other information requirements established by Community law, Member States shall ensure, except when otherwise agreed by parties who are not consumers, that at least the following information is given by the service provider clearly, comprehensibly and unambiguously and prior to the order being placed by the recipient of the service:

(a) the different technical steps to follow to conclude the contract;

(b) whether or not the concluded contract will be filed by the service provider and whether it will be accessible;

© the technical means for identifying and correcting input errors prior to the placing of the order;

(d) the languages offered for the conclusion of the contract.

2. Member States shall ensure that, except when otherwise agreed by parties who are not consumers, the service provider indicates any relevant codes of conduct to which he subscribes and information on how those codes can be consulted electronically.

3. Contract terms and general conditions provided to the recipient must be made available in a way that allows him to store and reproduce them.

4. Paragraphs 1 and 2 shall not apply to contracts concluded exclusively by exchange of electronic mail or by equivalent individual communications.

Article 11

Placing of the order

1. Member States shall ensure, except when otherwise agreed by parties who are not consumers, that in cases where the recipient of the service places his order through technological means, the following principles apply:

- the service provider has to acknowledge the receipt of the recipient's order without undue delay and by electronic means,

- the order and the acknowledgement of receipt are deemed to be received when the parties to whom they are addressed are able to access them.

2. Member States shall ensure that, except when otherwise agreed by parties who are not consumers, the service provider makes available to the recipient of the service appropriate, effective and accessible technical means allowing him to identify and correct input errors, prior to the placing of the order.

By chance I happened to find myself in Scs, so I enquired about this wonderful offer. The staff denied all knowledge of said offer and wouldn't honour their advertising.

So I left without purchasing owt and they've lost out on whatever profit they would've made on the £49 delivery fee and they still have 15 Latindo's to get rid off.

Archived