What a crb check reveals could leave you out of pocket

i can understand being a contestant on bb etc (where violence can occur) but a game show where you will be competing for prizes :loopy:

As was said already, I guess it's all about the image of the quiz show. Remember TV is all about image.

Wasn't there a deal or no deal contestant who they refused to pay after it was revealed he had lied about his criminal record?

I'm guessing it is to avoid any "[X GAME SHOW] gives thousands of £s to convicted paedophile" media stories.

That's a point, although they're bad burnt or scalded, I think; if ricgem's story got out, they'd be vilified for violating a contestant's privacy, but if your (hypothetical) story got out they'd be vilified for not violating it and allowing a paedophile to win money.

As was said already, I guess it's all about the image of the quiz show. Remember TV is all about image.
so any contestant who applies for the show up until the point of having a crb check should be regarded as suitable for the show .

Wasn't there a deal or no deal contestant who they refused to pay after it was revealed he had lied about his criminal record?

I'm guessing it is to avoid any "[X GAME SHOW] gives thousands of £s to convicted paedophile" media stories.

thats my point its only a game show so why should they be able to withhold money because someone lied about their criminal record just to appear on the show

thats my point its only a game show so why should they be able to withhold money because someone lied about their criminal record just to appear on the show

Whoever runs the games show is surely entitled to set the rules about who is eligible to play. If the rules state you can't play if you have a criminal record, then of course the show would be entitled to withhold the money if they found out the contestant lied and did have a record.

It's no different from having a rule about minimum or maximum age - if you lie about your age, then they'd be equally entitled to withhold money, because you wouldn't fit the stated criteria.

It's no different from having a rule about minimum or maximum age - if you lie about your age, then they'd be equally entitled to withhold money, because you wouldn't fit the stated criteria.

Or the ones on Cilla’s dating game show that were supposed to be single but were found out to be in a relationship.

• 1 year later...
yes i got my facts right. what im wanting to know is if this is only a game show why would having a criminal record potentially stop you from entering/keeping the winnings and if this is against some kind of human right act:huh:

I think it's probably the TV channel and/or makers of the show wanting to limit the chance of any negative publicity tbh.

Archived