Do you miss someone?

I miss lots of people for different reasons and think of them often. My Mum and Dad I miss and a very special ex I miss still, after more than ten years. I often think that when we are young we think that the people around us will always be there and it's sad when they aren't.

Think I miss my ex too. Had a million good times and half a dozen bad. How come the bad times won:suspect:

If you've been very close to someone its difficult to let go. At first there's the bad feeling, then there's the pretence that your happier, then there's the fond recollations, which are nice really. What the next stage:help::huh:

I don't know what the next stage is matey, but it seems letting go completely is out of the question. The mind won't allow it if they meant anything at all to you. At the same time, however, nobody likes to feel they're not in control of their thought patterns. The only thing you can do is carry that little extra baggage with you on your journeys and let it "unpack" itself in a timely manner. Not sure if that analogy works for everyone but there you go!

You're right there is a pretence of being happier, although most of the time I feel it's genuine (a genuine pretence? Haha). Most of the time. It's like a different state of mind from being in a relationship and I try to see that positively because there are things you can "work on" alone that you never could in a relationship. A lot of it lies below the ego and yes it can be scary and lonely (from the overly defensive perspective of the ego), but at some point we have to face ourselves outside the glowing (and perhaps glaring) judgement of another.

The bad times may have "won" because it often only takes one small chip of stone to shatter an illusion.

Right. Lunch time I think.

I still have both my parents. I do think about losing them. One of my sons has the worst type of hepatitus and I think about loosng him, he's 32 and a former drug user. It's come back to haunt him all those years later, now he has a family of his own.

My son Adam died on June 4th 08 due to diabetic complications...he was 29 ....theres never a day goes by without thinking of him , i'm dreading next Friday ( his 2nd anniversary)

People often say that 'no parent should have to bury a child '...and that is so true !!..:sad:

My son Adam died on June 4th 08 due to diabetic complications...he was 29 ....theres never a day goes by without thinking of him , i'm dreading next Friday ( his 2nd anniversary)

People often say that 'no parent should have to bury a child '...and that is so true !!..:sad:

GUZZIOWL, so sad to read stories like yours, I wish you the best .

Many thanks poppins , Adam was buried the day after Fathers Day , and his birthday was only 2 days before mine, so i've got 2 permanent reminders there eh !!..i keep getting told "real men dont cry " ...in that case , i must not be a real man co's i still have a good cry at least once a week ..

Many thanks poppins , Adam was buried the day after Fathers Day , and his birthday was only 2 days before mine, so i've got 2 permanent reminders there eh !!..i keep getting told "real men dont cry " ...in that case , i must not be a real man co's i still have a good cry at least once a week ..

Whoever told you that wants smacking! Men have emotions just like we do!

I'm really, really sorry for what you must be going through. I know there's not much anyone can say to make you feel better but sometimes it's nice to know that people are thinking of you.

Archived