Anyone Traveling to Canada?

PS the site looks great, I know what I'll be doing with my lunchtime at work tomorrow! Thanks for posting :)

Thanks! :) Article tomorrow is on one of the trails in Algonquin Park, Ontario - should be pleanty of pretty piccies! If you like camping, you'll love Algonquin park.. its easy to get to - then its off into the wilderness, accessable by kayac or walking! If you want less of the wilderness, theres pleanty of camp grounds too in the south of the park ;)

We saw a brown bear and a black bear on our travels as well as dear feeding in the street of Banff near our hotel, the cheeky racoons were on top of the hill in Stanley Park Vancouver.

We went on a four hour round trip Whale watching and got to see a couple of fins but no breaching. :(

We were pretty lucky this year! We finally saw a wild moose (THEY'RE HUGE!) .. deer.. raccoons.. Porcupines.. heard coyotes .. hehe and my favourite bird in Ontario - The Blue Jay :)

Where did you see the moose aren’t they right up in Nova Scotia?

Moose are up in Nova Scotia, but if you head up to the north of lake simcoe (north of Toronto), moose are about there. Infact a couple of days ago i saw a picture of a moose in Lagoon City, south of Orillia! Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario is somewhere which has lots of moose, so many they have "danger moose" road signs .. made me laugh first time i saw them! - Moose have such long legs, theyre more dangerous to people in vehicles as the body is more likely to land on the windscreen

all this talk about moose though, friends of family who have lived out there all their lives, have never seen a wild moose that far south, and although they did stay in an RV in algonquin park they werent lucky enough to see a moose neither! They can be quite elusive!

kewl :) - i need to get myself over to the rockies! still havent seen a bear yet, though they're about where i stay in ontario :)

I loved Vancouver and Victoria.....Victoria is sooo cool, a hip and happening place.

Thanks! Yeah, one thing about being out there is you really get to appreciate how quiet it is, especially when you head back to sheffield, in bed on a hot night with the window open! then out pop the crickets, frogs, coyotes to sing you off to sleep :) I love it out there so much am definately thinking about heading out permanently... though i'd miss sheffield hehe

Archived