Who remembers R.O.T.T. on radio sheffield?

who remembers r.o.t.t. on radio sheffield??!!

it was a "youth access" programme which ran from the early to late eighties and starred:

jane kitson, nick reynolds, mixmiff, george erogitidus, john hicks, roland, girl from barsnley, two "rock chicks", suzanne phillips, pete mersereux, tom mayblin, me, a bloke studying history at the university, ian edgar and dozens more.

Yeah, I used to listen to that on and off. I remember hearing Forgemasters' 'Track With No Name' on there and it being introduced as the first release "from a new Sheffield label called Warp Records". Who'd have thought they'd still be going strong 16 years later?

I knew Tom Mayblin very well as a kid and was still in touch with him when he was on ROTT. He gave me a cassette of that spoof soap opera they had on there - 'East Emmerdaleside Street' - which I remember being really pretty funny. Still got the tape actually, might have to give it another listen.

hi damon!

i was in a band with tom mayblin when he joined the f... city sh..ters in 1989!

i also played jack duckworth and ethel in the soap "eastemmerdalesidestreet", which tom wrote with arnold i think, and other friends from abbeydale grange school.

i have the soap on tape and on wma, so it's almost ready to put online!

me and tom also presented a few shows (r.o.t.t.) together, and these will also go online one day as the archives gradually become internet-able:)

I remember it ! there was a guy, cant remember his name, who played a lot of punk records . I can remember him reviewing Xmas on earth punk fest in Leeds and playing bands like Mau Maus, Resistance 77, Anti Pasti, Attak, One Way System etc

• 2 years later...

mentioned this on your other thread, wasn't Mixmif who did the Punk thing on R.O.T.T it was me :) although until I read this thread I had completly forgotten.

Think you mentioned the dolebusters gig on your other thread, and I think my brother did the sound on that, the PA was 'borrowed' from a shop he worked at while the guy who owned it - was touring with Exploited, and there was a prize of a Tokai guitar for something - that came from a supply of Guitar's that came from the states and they threw in an extra one to make up some difference between the £ and the $ which magically dissapeared and became the prize :)

Anyway if you read this before you read the other one - let me have mixmif's website, can't find it havn't seen him in years

mentioned this on your other thread, wasn't Mixmif who did the Punk thing on R.O.T.T it was me :) although until I read this thread I had completly forgotten.

Think you mentioned the dolebusters gig on your other thread, and I think my brother did the sound on that, the PA was 'borrowed' from a shop he worked at while the guy who owned it - was touring with Exploited, and there was a prize of a Tokai guitar for something - that came from a supply of Guitar's that came from the states and they threw in an extra one to make up some difference between the £ and the $ which magically dissapeared and became the prize :)

Anyway if you read this before you read the other one - let me have mixmif's website, can't find it havn't seen him in years

Hi, you mentioned the Dolebusters Gig above - my husband used to be in a band called Ritual Disguise who played the Dolebusters and they were played on Radio Sheffield one night just before Christmas doing a version of Silent Night, the end of which ran into R.O.T.T.!

who remembers r.o.t.t. on radio sheffield??!!

it was a "youth access" programme which ran from the early to late eighties and starred:

jane kitson, nick reynolds, mixmiff, george erogitidus, john hicks, roland, girl from barsnley, two "rock chicks", suzanne phillips, pete mersereux, tom mayblin, me, a bloke studying history at the university, ian edgar and dozens more.

I remember Jane Kitson, i went to the same school (park house). The last i heard she was still presenting something or other on Radio Sheffield! Not sure if it was something to do with sport?

• 7 months later...

I'm Bill.

Me and my mate Gal used to go to Sheffield pretty regularly on a Thursday to review punk singles on ROTT. This must have been 1982/3. We did an interview with the Toy Dolls and one with a band from Leeds called the Expelled. I remember a guy called Roland being there too, and Steve (return of the naive) from Chesterfield. I think Ian Mcmillan was there once. Sarah, Suzanne and Chris(?) were the studio people at the time and it was always a good laugh. Ooh, so many memories.

Sadly Gal died around 12 years ago (bless him).

Thanks for setting up this page. I had been looking for ROTT for a while:)