You are going to die on 3 August 2021 @ 3:27pm

Guest sibon
OK, now you know exactly what day and time you are going to die so what are you going to do about it?

Are you finally going to pull your finger out and change your ways now that you know exactly when you're a goner?

Thanks for that Tony.

I think I'll start smoking again.

If I was reasonably sure that the time and date were correct then I'd probably schedule in all of the really interesting ways to go to see which I fancy in the time running up to it.

I'm in the rather unusual position of being assured the next 11 years before popping my clogs a rather pleasant experience, since I've already outlived my sell by date by 13 years according to my doctors (diagnosed with less than a year in 1996 and now not only non-terminal but discharged from the Weston Park after 12 years of treatment) so I've already been through the process of preparing for my death and that wouldn't faze me at all.

By August 2021 I'd be 51, which is a darn sight better than the 27 I thought I was going to get to, so I'm one of the minority who probably won't have a huge issue with the dying, but I'd prefer to choose my own way.

Fortune farts in my face again.....

that would be just 3 weeks before my 65th birthday.....when I would be getting my pension, my bus pass and the have the ability to join all those other little grey heads in Marks and Spencers to buy little bits of food for extortionate prices.

And it's the first Wednesday of the month...which means I will miss the Rawson Spring Forum Meet......if you manage to get there have a drink for me ;)

Statistically I should have killed myself about 5 years ago, so the thought of making it into my 40's is quite wonderfull.

However, I know for a fact that on the 16th May 2012 I'm going to be locked in a walk in freezer and die that way. I know this because facebook told me so. :D

I have to ask - how do you kill yourself statistically :D:hihi:

Anything to do with numberwang?

The illness I have and the severity of it tends to have a very high suicide rate, especially as it was undiagnosed and therefore untreated for many years.

I'm a stubborn cow though :D

You would have to deal with it pretty much like someone who is told by his/her doctor they they have so many moths or years to live. They might not know the exact time and date of death but nevertheless have a faitly accurate idea of when it will occur.

I imagine that as the day of demise draws closer one would settle their affairs, make wills or trust deeds, funeral arrangements, break the news as gently as possible to their nearest and dearest and try and make their peace with God.

As for myself I would in addition start drinking on the day before, make violent love to my wife as often as I could and be so smashed and scewed up that I'd hardly be aware of my passing. Probably sitting in my recliner bellowing out "Swing low sweet chariot" when it happened. Totally wasted.

Archived