Food at the Red House

Hi,

Im the new head chef at the Red House I 'm pretty eager to get this promoted as much as I can, as I really would like to see my food being eaten by people that are enjoying it :-).

I have lived in Sheffield for a few years now and have worked at various places here (Mish Mash, Piccolinos, Le Bistrot Pierre) but have always wanted to start selling something I had created myself, I'm only young (21) but am very proud of the food I am serving and we had a brilliant first day yesterday with lots of very positive feedback.

The reason for this post really is that I know there is quite a community of food loving people on here and although I'll have to look into getting Martin Dawes down soon I feel you guys know the Sheffield food scene well so would love it if you all loved it :-) and would really like to see what you all think we currently havent got a website but there is a facebook group called "RedHouse Food" which has a copy of the menu and a few reviews so far.

I hope this becomes a topic of discussion as I would appreciate all your comments.

Cheers All

Tom

168 Solly Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S1 4BB

"maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=R6J&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=the+red+house+sheffield&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=the+red+house&hnear=sheffield&cid=14672559828840241421"

Theres the map man only about a 5min walk from west street :-)

Hi Tom, what will your serving hours be? And will you be doing a decent range of veggie options?

Myself and the rest of the team at West St Live eat out a lot so we'd be keen to come and try out your range, workload permitting.

At the minute we are going fgrom 12 - 3 then 5 - 9 the food is a selction of Homemade pie, wraps, and a selection of main courses examples of which go like this :-)

Slow Roasted Shoulder of Pork with Cider & Apple Pie

News:

MENU:

Soup of the Day & a freshly baked roll £2.50

WRAPS: £4.50

with salad & handmade Tortilla chips

Chicken, Mixed Peppers, Onions & Fresh salsa

Feta cheese, Cucumber, Tomato & Red Onion with Olive Oil

Halloumi & Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables Wrap

Roast Chicken Breast,Spinich, Pesto Gnocchi with a Pinenut Butter

Just so you get an idea of what we are doing I would say as far as an ethos goes Im not trying to do anything to fancy just want to make sure what I am doing tastes "good an' proper" and people leave think they had a good meal and for good value and can live in the knowledge it was made with a bit of TLC lol.

Warning all dishes may contain traces of gluten, nut, blood, sweat and tears....

And yes there is definalty some good options for you veggies also have in stock a few gluten free products, but as its only me and its only a small place please feel free to tell us what dietry requirement you may have and I will try my best to accomodate and cook you something tasty!

Hi Thomas,

I love your enthusiasm. I've joined your FB group. The menu looks good. I live nearby and will be over soon to try your food. I look forward to it. I wish you every success in this venture :o)

Archived