Food at the Red House

Just so you get an idea of what we are doing I would say as far as an ethos goes Im not trying to do anything to fancy just want to make sure what I am doing tastes "good an' proper" and people leave think they had a good meal and for good value and can live in the knowledge it was made with a bit of TLC.

That sounds like a recipe for success. People appreciate good honest food.

Thanks everyone for a sign that the people of Sheffield are there too support the local business's, as I say Im not the most experienced member of the industry but I certainly work hard to try and deliver what people want so it nice to hear that people are going to give us ago :-D

Here is the full menu in all its glory, to be fair I have written it thinking what would I like to see on a pub menu and really love the places in town that maybe thinking along the same lines (Old House, Wick at both Ends). Obviously we don't have quite the location of those to places or even the staff but I feel I know what good foods about so it might just be worth that 5 minute walk!

MENU:

Soup of the Day & a freshly baked roll £2.50

WRAPS: £4.50

with salad & handmade Tortilla chips

Chicken, Mixed Peppers, Onions & Fresh salsa

Feta cheese, Cucumber, Tomato & Red Onion with Olive Oil

Halloumi & Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables

PIES: £6.50

with hand cut chips & seasonal vegetables

Slow Roasted Shoulder of Pork with Cider & Apple

Braised Brisket of Beef with Guinness, Pearl Onion & Rosemary

House Ale with Mushrooms & Tarragon

MAINS: £6.95

Sausage & Red Wine Onion Jus, served with Champ Mash

Handmade Thai Fish Cakes & Stir-fried Vegetables, served with Chinese Dipping Sauce

Roast Chicken Breast, Pesto Gnocchi with Pinenut Butter

Handmade Burger with Mature Cheddar, Hand-cut Chips, Tomato Relish

Roasted Red Pepper, Onion Tart & Caramelised Goat's Cheese, with a Beetroot & Herb Salad

SIDES: £1.95

Hand-cut Chips

Champ Mash

Seasonal Vegetables

DESSERTS: £3.95

Orange & Rum Cheesecake with Vanilla Ice-cream

Chocolate Mousse Cake with Cinnamon Cream

Selection of Ice-creams

(That new 'Kitchen' place on eccellsall road sound rather nice will be getting there!!)

I suggest you PM Stagewalker as he normally arranges the Foodie Meets on here, which is basically an evening where Sheffield Forumers arrange to meet at a restaurant and have a good feed and chat...be nice to come and visit you :)

Braised Brisket of Beef with Guinness, Pearl Onion & Rosemary

And with that, you've sold it to me! I love brisket - not something you see being used enough. Which I suppose is fine with me as when I want to cook with it it's pretty cheap!

Ah the Red House. My old local. I could see that pub from my apartment. Anyhow, I never knew you did food. I always used to come down to watch the live bands and sample the beer. Now I know, I might have to come down to my old neighbourhood to check it out!!

Hey everyone thanks again for all the positive vibes really looking forward to seeing what you guys think.

As an offer we are running this weekend we are doing 2 courses and a glass of wine for £9.50.

We just want to see the place full really to see what we can do. If your not about this weekend then please pass on the details to people that might be. There is also a free dance night happening in the evening if you felt having a little rave after some good beer and food all in the lovely surronding that is the Red House.

Also thanks for the tip about the food meets will be getting on that, any other ideas for things you guys would like to see along the lines of live music matched with food?

Archived