Strange Dreams..

So last night I had a rather odd dream.

I dreamed that I was out driving, when I happened across a maintenance train of some sort that was on fire. The Fire Service were there fighing the fire, and Network Rail were all over the site in their orange high vis and white hard hats. The RAIB turned up in the form of two very official looking blokes in suits! Ive no idea what promted this dream, as I'd not been doing anything particulalry "train" or "railway" related before I nodded off.

This lead me to wonder - have you ever had a perculiar dream that you cant really put down to something you've done before bed? I often dream about things that I've been watching on TV, or reading about before I turn off the lights, but occasionally I have totally unprompted dreams like this one!

Do share your stories!

I would say that your dream was you subconsciously worrying about the consequences of something you did or didn't do. Most of us do, but this was something you feel could have serious results. The rails suggest something that has been set in motion for a long time so perhaps a change of some sort in your life that could cause upset.

I know you did not ask for a translation, but I love doing these puzzles almost as much as sudoku.

I also never have unwanted, unexpected, untranslatable dreams.

Would not mind a nightmare once in a while but haven't had one of those for a very very long time.

I would say that your dream was you subconsciously worrying about the consequences of something you did or didn't do. Most of us do, but this was something you feel could have serious results. The rails suggest something that has been set in motion for a long time so perhaps a change of some sort in your life that could cause upset.

I know you did not ask for a translation, but I love doing these puzzles almost as much as sudoku.

Would not mind a nightmare once in a while but haven't had one of those for a very very long time.

You can have mine then, i have the same one at least four times aweek :(

the other night, I was in a jungle enclosed in a zoo like enclosure with lots of young cats and kittens running around (clean ones, not manky stray ones). there were also snakes. i watched a blue and white snake bite some kittens, killing them instantly, then it saw me watching and bit me too. While I was waiting to die, I asked it why is was biting things for the sake of it. It replied 'thats just what I do'. As it went over to kill and swallow a kitten with a broken back, I asked why it didn't just kill what it needed to eat? it said 'thats NOT what I do' . I stated that I wasn't dead yet, and it bit me again, only I realised one of its fangs was broken.

anyone care to analyse this? :)

the other night, I was in a jungle enclosed in a zoo like enclosure with lots of young cats and kittens running around (clean ones, not manky stray ones). there were also snakes. i watched a blue and white snake bite some kittens, killing them instantly, then it saw me watching and bit me too. While I was waiting to die, I asked it why is was biting things for the sake of it. It replied 'thats just what I do'. As it went over to kill and swallow a kitten with a broken back, I asked why it didn't just kill what it needed to eat? it said 'thats NOT what I do' . I stated that I wasn't dead yet, and it bit me again, only I realised one of its fangs was broken.

Nurse,NURSE!!! She's out of bed again!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you didn't ask for a translation but it means Wednesday are going down again next season.

Genuine question here DragonofAna... How exactly do you and the so-called 'experts' actually know what dreams mean? I know there is plenty of literature available regarding the translation of dreams, but I have often wondered how people can be so confident they understand the meanings of certain dreams, when they can't ever really know for sure.

Archived