Teenage mothers vs 40 year old+ mothers.

What age is it more acceptable for a woman to have a child?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What age is it more acceptable for a woman to have a child?

• In her teens
    • In her 40s

So the amount of teenage women giving birth is decreasing and the amount of older women giving birth is increasing.

But do you find it more socially acceptable for a women to give birth in her teens or in her 40s?

So the amount of teenage women giving birth is decreasing and the amount of older women giving birth is increasing.

But do you find it more socially acceptable for a women to give birth in her teens or in her 40s?

Yes, its very acceptable, as these older women have a better standard of living.The only thing against it is , as you get older your eggs are not of the quality of a younger woman.Also your going to be quite old when your child is a teenager.

I don't know really, I think whilst you are young you have more energy to do things with the child, and have more time to do them in - but in most circumstances money is tighter.

Alternatively, an older woman is likely to have a higher stardard of living/better income, but not have as much time or as much energy to spend with the child.

Of course I am aware this is a huge generalisation, but it just goes to show each one has its perks. Personally I think the best age is the twenty years inbetween the two! :)

Yes, its very acceptable, as these older women have a better standard of living.The only thing against it is , as you get older your eggs are not of the quality of a younger woman.Also your going to be quite old when your child is a teenager.

Better standard of living?

What did you mean? They have more money?

What is socially unacceptable about middle aged women having children?

Some people frown on young mothers. Why?

The problem with older women having children is the increased risk of birth defects.

And with children living at home longer and longer due to the housing shortage (often into the 30s), it will make for some interesting family units.

I teach some kids whose mums must have been teenagers when they had them and they are some of the most lovely kids. The parents have done great jobs so it clearly hasn't mattered that they are young parents.

Archived