Wanting a trip to london

the stay of course is all down to the budget your on,you dont say if its your first trip, if it is i would suggest going into trafalger square and using one of the open tour buses, weather permmiting, you just pay a one off day ticket, then you can hop off and on when you like , they just run in a cirlce,so theres never one far behind the other, and there very patient with the getting the children on and off.its a fantastic city im sure you will have a great time.

Buy a family & friends railcard and go by train, use the best fare finder on East Midlands Trains website, book in advance and online, add a travel card to your tickets so you can use the tube & busses, collect tickets from the station.

Pick up a 2 for 1 booklet from the station or visit the website, loads of London attractions in there. I'm going next week with my two sons to the Science Museum, Natural History Museum, Covent Garden and Ben's Cookies!

I suggest looking for an apartment. There's quite a few available and they offer more comfort and freedom than a hotel and are a little bit cheaper. Of course, being London it will never be very cheap, but I think it's the best option. It's what we did when we went to London for a week a few years ago.

We booked through this site, here's their London lettings - http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/greater-london/

I'm sure a 1 year old and 3 year old don't want to go sight seeing in London.

Sorry if that sounds blunt.....but you want to go sight seeing.(be honest)

It would be a nightmare in London with two young kids in tow on your own.

All the nappy changing problems, and "I'm tired" whinging they do.

Can you not leave them with relatives for a day whilst you see the sites.

London is great, but it's not for young kids.

Wait till they are 10 years old, and they will enjoy it too.

A bucket and spade at the seaside would suit them better.

Archived