"Lively" campsite needed!

:help:

Can you help?

Looking for a "Lively" campsite, preferably in Hope, for around 15-25 people (less than 10 tents?).

16-18 year olds.

Must have shower & toilet facilities, and a local shop for food.

Looking to go at the end of June.

Thanks in advance. :D

Haha you are having a laugh, aren't ya?! No site would be willing to take on a group of up to 25 teens. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but campsites have clamped down on the whole group thing and besides, most sites now have curfews to stop rowdy behaviour from disturbing other campers.

Surely there is a market for this kind of thing!!! I know me and a few mates would go. Its not like we want a full on rave, but a few beers and a laugh without been treated like the scum of the earth would be nice.

Surely there is a market for this kind of thing!!! I know me and a few mates would go. Its not like we want a full on rave, but a few beers and a laugh without been treated like the scum of the earth would be nice.

Well then there are plenty of places in and around the peak district where you can go; organised campsite or not ;)

Unfortunately, due to the mindless minority, most sites now won't entertain the idea. You have to consider that the campsites are under a lot of scrutiny from peak planning and other organisations and could so easily fall out of favour if the local residents make complaints about noise and anti social behaviour.

There might be sites out there, but be prepared to do a lot of phoning and be prepared to here countless "no thanks" before you get anywhere.

My daughter ( aged 14) and all her friends are doing The Duke of Edinburgh award and they have been camping with the school near Castleton, but that was in a farmers field so that may be your only chance. There was about 100 of them!

My daughter ( aged 14) and all her friends are doing The Duke of Edinburgh award and they have been camping with the school near Castleton, but that was in a farmers field so that may be your only chance. There was about 100 of them!

I've been to a campsite that had 'no group' signs up, but they let in about 50 DoE youngsters.

Apart from pitching VERY close to other people (ie *on* the guy ropes) and waking up and talking very early, they were no trouble.

I think there is a big difference between a large group of drunken teenagers and DoE.

I've been to a campsite that had 'no group' signs up, but they let in about 50 DoE youngsters.

Apart from pitching VERY close to other people (ie *on* the guy ropes) and waking up and talking very early, they were no trouble.

I think there is a big difference between a large group of drunken teenagers and DoE.

I recall those very same DoE kids. Somehow the Village People night scared them off :suspect:

Anyhow, you are right that campsites are inclined to admit DoE as they, in general, tend to be responsible and are usually supervised by adults. After walking, food and a natter, they are usually too tired to party or cause any problems :)

Archived