Government won’t provide minister to Question time

There are going to be many things that this Government aren't going to provide - an NHS, jobs and a decent standard of living for decent and working class folk.

It scares me.

There are going to be many things that this Government aren't going to provide - an NHS, jobs and a decent standard of living for decent and working class folk.

Governments have neither the means nor the mandate to provide jobs; employers do that.

It's questionable whether a government is the correct body to be providing healthcare; what is not in question is that the current NHS system is doomed to collapse, and the longer we wait for it to happen the more painful it's going to be.

There are going to be many things that this Government aren't going to provide - an NHS, jobs and a decent standard of living for decent and working class folk. It scares me.
:huh: Employers provide jobs and I always thought working folk had to provide their own standard of living? The Government only provides a standard of living for unemployed people, doesn't it? And provides jobs for civil servants, and I think we've got too many of them already anyway :)

It scares me.

Yeah but at least we can have some very expensive missiles we'll never use.

Much more worthwhile than hospitals, jobs, etc

Governments have neither the means nor the mandate to provide jobs; employers do that.

It's questionable whether a government is the correct body to be providing healthcare; what is not in question is that the current NHS system is doomed to collapse, and the longer we wait for it to happen the more painful it's going to be.

The NHS is only doomed to collapse under the Tories because they want it to.

Thatcher tried and very nearly succeeded - lets see how quickly Cameron can achieve it.

Who will fund the workhouses? The Government or the charities ?

The NHS is only doomed to collapse under the Tories because they want it to.

Thatcher tried and very nearly succeeded

How, exactly, is doubling the funding of NHS after inflation an attempt to destroy it? :huh:

Are you sure you are not confusing Thatcher with Callaghan? He's the only PM in the last forty years under which NHS spending has declined in real terms. Then again it was hardly his fault; the country had gone bankrupt!

How, exactly, is doubling the funding of NHS after inflation an attempt to destroy it? :huh:

Are you sure you are not confusing Thatcher with Callaghan? He's the only PM in the last forty years under which NHS spending has declined in real terms. Then again it was hardly his fault; the country had gone bankrupt!

Will the Tories fund the workhouses?

Archived