Help protect prostitutes

Most, if not all prostitutes are only doing it to service their drugs addictions.

The pimps ensure young girls get hooked on drugs, then use them as work horses.

The girls never make much money, most of the cash goes to straight to the pimps.

Why any man would risk going with a drug addicted street woman, who could pass on any number of infections, is beyond me.

Legalising then taxing!

Who exactly would you tax, the pimps, the girls or the customers?

If it were legalised it would be easier to cut pimps out of the loop. It would help to break the cycle you speak off where pimps deliberately hook women on drugs to make them compliant.

It would make it safer for the women involved and for the customers, both physically and from disease.

So then the women would get the money and that is what would be taxed.

The thing with the prostitutes that (I think) the OP is alluding to is that first and foremost they are drug users.

I'm not sure but I think it was the same with the girls in Ipswich, they were all on the street trying to raised funds for drugs.

Deal with that and they won't be out on the streets.

Oh thats just great. Read that with a mouthful of coffee and now its everywhere!

Not all street prostitutes a drug addicts. A substantial portion are simply poor women, some with jobs some unemployed, who occasionally sell sex to help pay the rent or some other overdue bill.

The law forces such drug free women who use prostitution as a fall back to help them get by to put their lives at risk.

Certainly more should be done to try and help addicts cope with their habits in a way that does as little harm as possible & hopefully get them off drugs but even if we were 100% successful in doing so there will still be women selling sex & the law will still put them at much more risk than need be the case.

I think the government must wipe the prostitutes and instead putting them to jail.. give them a decent job/ programs that would uplift them as a person.. I heard lot of news about death and pimping underage woman for the money.... this is really a sad truth :(

What they are doing is illegal so they should be given no more protection then drug dealers or anyone else involved in illegal activity.

You missed the earlier reference to you being wrong?

Prostitution is not illegal, keeping a brothel is illegal and soliciting is illegal.

Edit - even if you were correct, your argument would be circular. If we are to discuss the legality of something there is little point in referring to the current legal status as an argument for maintaining the status quo.

You missed the earlier reference to you being wrong?

Prostitution is not illegal, keeping a brothel is illegal and soliciting is illegal.

Edit - even if you were correct, your argument would be circular. If we are to discuss the legality of something there is little point in referring to the current legal status as an argument for maintaining the status quo.

send them all to broadmoor for target practice keep the inmates quite if nothing else

Archived