Help protect prostitutes

Why not copy Amsterdam and have a red light distrct. Prostitutes would be licensed, obliged to have regular health checks and establishments where they work at recognized as bona fide businesses and taxed like any other business.

Prostitutes caught working outside of the red light district would be subject to very heavy fines and long terms of imprisonment and if not UK citizens subject to deportation after serving their sentences

You will always get those who want to go it alone to avoid paying tax etc. However, I agree, there should be an option for women to work safely in licensed areas and develop a good working relationship with law enforcement agencies.

Protitutes also help to spread and disease thorout the community, often leading to innocent people getting AIDS and dying.

If I had my way the penalties for being a prostitute would involve EXTREMELY SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES!!!

Would that be you hanging from chains, or her?

No, I do not 'lay all the blame' on the male customers, unlike many on this thread who 'lay all the blame' on the women and seek to vilify them without even factoring in that men are part of this equation. It is a joint responsibility.

I agree, both parties are to blame.

However I feel the women are more to blame, much for the same reasons that drug dealers are more to blame then the buying customer.

I think he means innocent wives and girlfriends, but i agree; it doesn't make a prostitute fully responsible the sexual health of others.

In such cases the responsibility lies entirely with the husband/boyfriend.

If you cheat on your partner (regardless of whether or not you pay for it) contract an STI in doing so and then pass that STI on to your partner you not the person you cheated with are responsible for infecting your partner.

You will always get those who want to go it alone to avoid paying tax etc. However, I agree, there should be an option for women to work safely in licensed areas and develop a good working relationship with law enforcement agencies.

Apparently it seems to work well in Amsterdam and Hamburg and has done for many years. Licensed establishments also require their customers to wear condoms and some of them require customers to shower first of all

I'm only speaking from heresay however :hihi: being among the fortunate who never had to pay for it

Archived