Laughing inappropriately

I have a very strange affliction of laughing at really inappropriately at things which i should not laugh at and this has landed me in real trouble before.

Do you have any stories of laughing at something you really should not have?

I don't do it with malice or anything but just find that once the giggles start hell nor high water will stop them.

I wonder why i do this and it would be good to know i am not alone :hihi:

I am glad its not just me then. My partner really banged his knee in the shower a few weeks ago and was near enough howling in pain, instead of running to his aid and nursing it better i just fell about in fits of laughter, feeling really bad for laughing but not being able to stop...

Its a good job he is of the understanding sort because if he had done the same and laughed at me i would have sulked for ages :hihi:

I have a very strange affliction of laughing at really inappropriately at things which i should not laugh at and this has landed me in real trouble before.

Do you have any stories of laughing at something you really should not have?

I don't do it with malice or anything but just find that once the giggles start hell nor high water will stop them.

I wonder why i do this and it would be good to know i am not alone :hihi:

Do you mean something like this lolol..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w3evmb-z4Y

I am glad its not just me then. My partner really banged his knee in the shower a few weeks ago and was near enough howling in pain, instead of running to his aid and nursing it better i just fell about in fits of laughter, feeling really bad for laughing but not being able to stop...

Its a good job he is of the understanding sort because if he had done the same and laughed at me i would have sulked for ages :hihi:

I fell off a table a couple of years ago at butlins and cracked my shin bone, my leg was a right mess, everyone started laughing at first till i explained i couldn't walk lol.

I'm guilty of it too, sometimes I do it because I genuinely find it funny (I am rather sick), other times I don't actually know why I laugh, I think I read somewhere it's a coping mechanism.

I do quite often get done for it though, it annoys the hell out of 1 of my mates and it makes my mum cringe (so all good then :D)

A few years ago in a queue for santa a lady in front just fell, one minute she was stood the next she was on the deck, I was both doubled up and trying to help her up at the same time, thing is with laughter it can cause a mexican wave effect, so those that weren't laughing were tutting at our lack of empathy.

I'm guilty of it too, sometimes I do it because I genuinely find it funny (I am rather sick), other times I don't actually know why I laugh, I think I read somewhere it's a coping mechanism.

I do quite often get done for it though, it annoys the hell out of 1 of my mates and it makes my mum cringe (so all good then :D)

My mum's no prude so I get a sick pleasure when I say something so horrendous it provokes a loud "CATHERINE!" (my Sunday name) from her :hihi:

I was once on the bus on the way to the pub (so hadn't had a drink yet!) when an oldish man pressed the bell, got up and proceeded to pirouette around the bar at the front and land on his bum. Everyone apart from me and OH were so concerned but I couldn't help actually HOWLING. Thank God I aws getting off at the next stop, I think someone would've hit me if I'd carried on. It just looked SO funny!

Archived