Do you leave your inflatables for others after your holiday?

If I have to leave something then I hope that someone else will use it.

I've quite often left bags of sugar, jars of coffee etc when self catered. Strangely though I've never found any when arriving, I expect that the cleaners help themselves to it, which is fair enough I guess.

on self catering holidays we have given things to people we have met who are also self catering. on one holiday to ibiza we were going out to the other side of the island for the full day. this scots couple were going home but not till the night and had to leave their room at ten oclock. we told them to use our room if they needed a place for a lay down or prepare some food. we came back to the place and saw them at a bar opposite where we were staying and they gave me our room keys back. we went to out room and they had been to the minimarket and left us two carriers bags full of food, i was well surprised

We usually put things like that on a table along with a bottle of wine, I often wonder if they use it or throw it away.

I'd be almost 100% certain that whoever cleans the flat takes it home.

Health and Safety might tell them to bin it, but frankly if it's unopened or doesn't appear to have anything wrong with it I struggle to see a low paid cleaner who's working without supervision throwing it away.

I was lounging round a swimming pool in Spain and a woman [british] was stood there slashing a couple of airbeds and inflatable with a sharp knife.

I asked her why she was doing this and her reply was

"we are going home today and have no room for them in our cases".

I then said

"we always either just leave them round the pool or ask other families if they would like to have them".

Her reply was.

"we have paid for them so why shouldn't everyone else"?.

This attitude disgusts me and Ijust can't understand people like that.

I find people like this an embarrassment to the British people.

disgusting behaviour, anything that we cant bring home & may be of use to others is either passed onto them or left for some1 to hopefully make use of them

I was lounging round a swimming pool in Spain and a woman [british] was stood there slashing a couple of airbeds and inflatable with a sharp knife.

I asked her why she was doing this and her reply was

"we are going home today and have no room for them in our cases".

I then said

"we always either just leave them round the pool or ask other families if they would like to have them".

Her reply was.

"we have paid for them so why shouldn't everyone else"?.

This attitude disgusts me and Ijust can't understand people like that.

I find people like this an embarrassment to the British people.

There are no words... no wait, yes there are; disgusting, selfish, closed-minded, pig-headed miser. :D

Archived