Plumbing help!!

Needing (possibly) a bit of help...

Toilet is leaking, not noticably, but the floor is becoming damp around the loo. I think it is the same problem we had before, which was the fibre washer in the pipe had rotted away. Only replaced it about a year ago though, so thought it should last longer? Wrapped PTFE tape round the thread before i put the nut back too.

Second problem is a leaky bath tap, even when turned all the way off, it dribbles quite a lot. The problem is, that is an old front mounted tap (Old 1950's cast iron bath), so i'm not sure if it can be fixed or not.

Anyone with more experrise in these matters, please help!

Needing (possibly) a bit of help...

Toilet is leaking, not noticably, but the floor is becoming damp around the loo. I think it is the same problem we had before, which was the fibre washer in the pipe had rotted away. Only replaced it about a year ago though, so thought it should last longer? Wrapped PTFE tape round the thread before i put the nut back too.

Second problem is a leaky bath tap, even when turned all the way off, it dribbles quite a lot. The problem is, that is an old front mounted tap (Old 1950's cast iron bath), so i'm not sure if it can be fixed or not.

Anyone with more experrise in these matters, please help!

Get your wallet out, sounds like an expensive repair.

Whatever fitting it was for the toilet should last many years.Try reseating it.

Assuming its a flush pipe from cistern to bowl, dry pipe with bog roll and flush till you find if/where its a slow leak.They can be a pain to get to sit right

Re the damp around the toilet, sure its not your aim thats off?

Archived