'Sex Worker' not 'Prostitute', PC gone mad

So is making condoms and vibrators, the difference being that you don't expect a woman assmbleng vibrators to also call herself a prostitute.

I wouldn't expect her to call herself a 'sex worker' either.

My point being your post below where you refered to them correctly as prostitutes whereas they used the incorrect term of 'Sex Workers'.

I think we should take our lead from them, if they want to be called sex workers, then that's their prerogative, unless you seek to further disempower these women?

Now you're starting to see the light.

Prostitue = Sex Worker = ridiculous. Get it?

There's a point beyond which striving to prove a biased and almost non-existent point becomes ridiculous and you reached it a few posts ago ...

Although on recent form I fully expect to come back to this thread and find that my post has disappeared. A mod appears to be following me around and deleting many of my posts ... who, I wonder? :suspect:

And? The literal translation, for those who actually know Latin, means 'to expose' does it not?

I was being ironic, i agree with you. They can be both sex workers and prostitutes, we don't need just one name. I think in the context of three dead women, they can have the shallow dignity of being 'sex workers'.

Prostituere (v) - to prostitute, to put to improper use; to dishonour, to expose to shame. The word has carried negative connotations for a very very long time indeed.

I was being ironic, i agree with you. They can be both sex workers and prostitutes, we don't need just one name. I think in the context of three dead women, they can have the shallow dignity of being 'sex workers'.

Prostituere (v) - to prostitute, to put to improper use; to dishonour, to expose to shame. The word has carried negative connotations for a very very long time indeed.

Apologies!

In the context of 3 brutally murdered women, I cannot believe that the OP is so worked up about terminology.

The two missing an the one prostitute whose body has been found are now refered to by TV reporters as "Sex Workers".

Is this PC reaching new dizzy heights?

Not really...more a case of an intellectually challenged individual labouring under the illusion that stupidity is a virtue.

Archived