'Sex Worker' not 'Prostitute', PC gone mad

There's nothing like having first hand knowledge of your subject, I agree. I obviously have to give way to yours in this particular area, :hihi:
sorry to spoil your obvious glee at you thinking i know of this first hand.:hihi: i was giving you my opinions on what i think should be done about the situation now and how wrong you was (in your words) that these women are being exploited but you cant accept that:huh:

I didn't see that as what Alastair was saying at all; but it is typical of the way certain members are allowed to misquote/misconstrue what other members post

:roll:

Excuse me, but I'm sure that Alastair can speak for himself.

Stating:

Far better get them out of prostitution by giving them free heroin. Then not a single one of them would be a prostitute.

seems to me to imply that the preferred alternative is to not help them kick the habit entirely and thereby getting them off the streets. I would see that as the best option, rather than them continuing their addiction but not working the streets because they got it for free or on prescription.

sorry to spoil your obvious glee at you thinking i know of this first hand.:hihi: i was giving you my opinions on what i think should be done about the situation now and how wrong you was (in your words) that these women are being exploited but you cant accept that:huh:
I did think it was amusing that you fell into the trap of talking about legalised brothels as though you were running one or a regular at one! But if you can't see that most women and men who are coerced into prostitution are being exploited, I can't ever see any point at which we would be in agreement.

I'm not sure if you are a man, I guess so from other threads you've commented on but imagine having to have sexual contact with some smelly, bad toothed old man or woman, would you want to do it? There aren't many Pretty Women and Richard Geres around in brothels or on the streets. Not even in Amsterdam.

I've listened to many 'sex workers' in a job I had some years ago, and they all hated having to do it, were almost constantly afraid on the streets and despised the johns that used their services. They'd all have done something else if they could. As a society we need to start getting rid of the attitude of mind that says it's ok for men to buy sex, rather than thinking of ways to make it safer and more palatable.

Page 3 is taken as rather a laugh, and lying on a car bonnet dressed in a bikini, but it's the acceptable end of a bell curve that ends with women being bought and sold like cattle by unscrupulous criminals. IMO.

I did think it was amusing that you fell into the trap of talking about legalised brothels as though you were running one or a regular at one! But if you can't see that most women and men who are coerced into prostitution are being exploited, I can't ever see any point at which we would be in agreement.

I'm not sure if you are a man, I guess so from other threads you've commented on but imagine having to have sexual contact with some smelly, bad toothed old man or woman, would you want to do it? There aren't many Pretty Women and Richard Geres around in brothels or on the streets. Not even in Amsterdam.

I've listened to many 'sex workers' in a job I had some years ago, and they all hated having to do it, were almost constantly afraid on the streets and despised the johns that used their services. They'd all have done something else if they could. As a society we need to start getting rid of the attitude of mind that says it's ok for men to buy sex, rather than thinking of ways to make it safer and more palatable.

Page 3 is taken as rather a laugh, and lying on a car bonnet dressed in a bikini, but it's the acceptable end of a bell curve that ends with women being bought and sold like cattle by unscrupulous criminals. IMO.

Certainly all the research that I've read supports this. Women have to learn to dissociate during sex and sex acts, as you say, they despise the punters, despise themselves and often find it physically painful, which many men seem to get off on. What does that say about the men? It's almost like a 'sanctioned' form of rape.

A nice idea but sadly prostitution will always be with us. Everyone (by everyone I mainly mean men) pays for sex one way or another its just that some ways are deemed more socially acceptable than others.

Certainly all the research that I've read supports this. Women have to learn to dissociate during sex and sex acts, as you say, they despise the punters, despise themselves and often find it physically painful, which many men seem to get off on. What does that say about the men? It's almost like a 'sanctioned' form of rape.
That doesn't apply to just pro's. All women learn to dissacociate from sex acts maybe not in the same way but they all do it. Mainly because its a handy tool to keep their men inline

That doesn't apply to just pro's. All women learn to dissacociate from sex acts maybe not in the same way but they all do it. Mainly because its a handy tool to keep their men inline

Really? And you know this how? TMI re handy tools!:hihi:

Seriously, but men go on about the state of prostitutes, have you seen the state of some of these men? No wonder they have to pay for it.:D

A nice idea but sadly prostitution will always be with us. Everyone (by everyone I mainly mean men) pays for sex one way or another its just that some ways are deemed more socially acceptable than others.

I think I've said this before, but you seem to know some peculiar women ... :suspect:

Really? And you know this how? TMI re handy tools!:hihi:

Seriously, but men go on about the state of prostitutes, have you seen the state of some of these men? No wonder they have to pay for it.:D

In my experience most women use sex as a training tool and a reward for their men. Maybe I just know some dodgy women!

Of course some men have to pay for it and its a good job they can because if they couldn't what else would they do? Everyone has drives and needs, prostitutes fill that need for people who can't get sex anywhere else

So you're saying that they shouldn't be given the opportunity and support to come off drugs? In Ipswich, following the murders there, there was a concerted campaign by Iceni to help prostitutes with their addictions and it has been so successful that it has almost eradicated street prostitution.

No, I'm saying you don't want heroin addicts working as prostitutes. The Sunday Times journalist was suggesting we should have legal brothels where addicts could be weaned off heroin, which was upside down thinking.

We should give them free heroin then not a single one of them would be on the streets selling sex to make money to pay for their drug habit. They would all be at home spaced out and bothering no one. They would probably be able to get normal jobs too without the need to earn the vast amount of money that a heroin habit costs.

In the days when heroin was supplied free to registered addicts many of them held down normal jobs. It's not actually a debilitating drug, rather it's the issues of supplying an addiction that make it a problem.

Archived