'Sex Worker' not 'Prostitute', PC gone mad

It always interests me that men who cheat and men who use hookers always choose ones notably less attractive than their actual partner (Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney i'm looking at you!). But theres a very simple reason for it. Most people are dirtier and nastier in bed than they want their partner to find out about so they find someone who they can be that dirty and nasty with.

It's a combination of power, ie being able to buy a woman and pay for her services, the risk element and enacting one's fantasies. Have you heard the tales of WAGs who are ambushed in night clubs etc whilst other women try and lure their partner away? They have women queuing up who would gladly indulge their fantasies, they pay for it because they can and they get a power kick.

What about the disabled? The mentally ill who can't hold a relationship down? The people with no self confidence or esteem?

Like it or not so people do feel they have to use prostitutes in order to get any kind of sex.

Why should people sublimate their drives or desires? wanting to have sex and doing it is the most natural thing in the world, its nothing to be ashamed of or anything sordid and if you have to pay for it why should it be regarded as a taboo?

Some women pay for sex as well. What are your thoughts on them?

It's a good point. It may be unpalatable for some, but I know some nurses in the psychiatric units used to give a helping hand to some of the male patients present - it was like giving a tablet to calm them down.

Prostitution was most likely born out of men's needs, whereas women it's usually just a strong desire. The market for prostitution was a natural manipulation of an economic possibility.

Not all, I think that some at the lower end of the market will be occasional prostitutes because they need the money or are being coerced by some drug addicted partner to go out and score, for which they need to turn a trick.

Legalise drugs, decriminalise prostitution, it's the only way. Control drug distribution, take it out of hands of the unscrupulous and the organised criminals. Make it illegal, with heavy penalties, for anyone to buy drugs from a non-liscenced vendor/centre. The same applies to prostitution, get prostitutes to register and off the streets. Any man found paying a non-registered (and therefore most likely trafficked or pimped) prostitute gets a heavy fine.

I was referring to the upper end of the market where there isn't any coercion. It's an option for women to earn a large amount of money very easily if they are up to it. For example Dr Brooke Magnanti who took up prostitution to fund her PhD whilst studying here in Sheffield.

It's a good point. It may be unpalatable for some, but I know some nurses in the psychiatric units used to give a helping hand to some of the male patients present - it was like giving a tablet to calm them down.

Wouldn't tablets have sufficed?

As a point of fact, the GMB has unionised a number of sex workers, or whatever term you prefer.

I was aware of that.

I'd like to see them striking for better conditions, though.

I hear that the GMB are lobbying the employers NFOPAST (National Federation Of Pimps and Sex Traffickers) for longer heroin breaks and free mouthwash after their members have given handjobs behind a council skip?

Good luck with that one :hihi:

I was aware of that.

I'd like to see them striking for better conditions, though.

I hear that the GMB are lobbying the employers NFOPAST (National Federation Of Pimps and Sex Traffickers) for longer heroin breaks and free mouthwash after their members have given handjobs behind a council skip?

Good luck with that one :hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Wouldn't tablets have sufficed?

Tablets can potentially treat any mental illness, it's the ethical side of treatments that poses the difficult questions.

Whether you bring in a sex worker into a hospital (or have a nurse do it on the quiet), or administer a suppressant is essentially neither here nor there in terms of functionality or practicalities, as both methods are equally effective.

It's all about what wider society can stomach, if they ever want to take a look.

Hi,

In news they use such words, so that people are attracted to watch such news and finally they get the high number of viewers. We must take the proper care of using the language and should try to repect all the people as much as possible. What so ever their work may be.

Tablets can potentially treat any mental illness, it's the ethical side of treatments that poses the difficult questions.

Whether you bring in a sex worker into a hospital (or have a nurse do it on the quiet), or administer a suppressant is essentially neither here nor there in terms of functionality or practicalities, as both methods are equally effective.

It's all about what wider society can stomach, if they ever want to take a look.

So if there are women with the same needs do the doctors give a hand?

What about the ethics there?

Archived