'Sex Worker' not 'Prostitute', PC gone mad

Let's wait till the trial to find out what his motivation was in his own mind.

I wonder if giving his name as the Crossbow Cannibal in court was an attempt to portray himself as a nutter and get the softer Broadmoor option or has any basis in fact? Again we'll have to wait till the trial to find out.

Hence me using 'most probably'.

when i were a lad they were known as whores..............i guess job titles evolve

I'm sure whore was always a derogatory term, except maybe if you go way back to mediaeval times and before when prostitution seems to have been much more accepted. The street where prostitutes worked was known as Gropecunt Lane, but all those streets were renamed in more puritanical Georgian and Victorian times.

There's a fascinating article here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gropecunt_Lane

I'm sure whore was always a derogatory term, except maybe if you go way back to mediaeval times and before when prostitution seems to have been much more accepted. The street where prostitutes worked was known as Gropecunt Lane, but all those streets were renamed in more puritanical Georgian and Victorian times.

There's a fascinating article here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gropecunt_Lane

Very interesting. Blimey, this place doesn't leave much to the imagination:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickle_Cock_Bridge

:hihi:

Hence me using 'most probably'.

'Most probably' based on what though? He may have killed the women because they were prostitutes or he may have killed them because they were easy targets. We don't know enough about what went on in his twisted mind to know which yet.

We can be sure he was a woman hater though.

'Most probably' based on what though? He may have killed the women because they were prostitutes or he may have killed them because they were easy targets. We don't know enough about what went on in his twisted mind to know which yet.

We can be sure he was a woman hater though.

Based on profiles that have been done of serial killers, including those who kill prostitutes. Whether it's Ted Bundy or Peter Sutcliffe, the motive is usually the same and as you say, we can be sure that he was a woman hater. Prostitutes are easier to kill and their murders are less likely to be reported in the press.

Based on profiles that have been done of serial killers, including those who kill prostitutes. Whether it's Ted Bundy or Peter Sutcliffe, the motive is usually the same and as you say, we can be sure that he was a woman hater. Prostitutes are easier to kill and their murders are less likely to be reported in the press.

I'm not overly familiar with the case, but I thought Ted Bundy's victims weren't prostitutes and were mostly college students.

I'm not overly familiar with the case, but I thought Ted Bundy's victims weren't prostitutes and were mostly college students.

They were, what I mean is that the motive is the same but the 'target' different. He was able to charm and dupe women into his car, whereas someone will else will target a prostitute as it involves less planning and 'work'.

Archived